Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, this is for a tournament next year. (Yes, I know I'm planning early, it's so I can buy all the models in time). Each list is 750pts but I need suggestions on them to improve them. I personally like list 1, seems the more balanced and fluffy.

List 1

Lemartes - 125pts

Death Company - 115pts
5 Death Company with Jumpacks

Tactical Squad - 245pts
Sergeant with Power Fist
Marine with Plasma Cannon
Marine with Plasmagun
7 Marines with Bolters

Tactical Squad - 145pts
Sergeant with Power Weapon
Marine with Plasmagun
3 Marines with Bolters

Furioso Dreadnought - 120pts
Extra Armour and Heavy Flamer

750pts

List 2

Lemartes - 125pts

Death Company - 115pts
5 Death Company with Jumpacks

Tactical Squad - 255pts
Sergeant with Power Fist and Meltabombs
Marine with Lascannon
Marine with Plasmagun
7 Marines with Bolters

Tactical Squad - 255pts
Sergeant with Power Fist and Meltabombs
Marine with Lascannon
Marine with Plasmagun
7 Marines with Bolters

750pts

List 3

Lemartes - 125pts

Death Company - 15pts
3 Death Company with Jump Packs

Assault Squad - 160pts
4 Marines with Bolt Pistols and CCW
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs and Power Weapon

Assault Squad - 155pts
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon

Assault Squad - 155pts
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon

Baal Predator - 140pts
Extra Armour, Heavy Bolters

750pts

Thanks for reading them and leaving your comments.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Woooo Blood Angels!!!!!

I like the look of list three personally (mainly due to my obsession with chain-swords, jump packs, and who doesn't love free death company) but it needs a bit more anti-tank related weaponry in my opinion as i find in 750 pt games people will often max out on one type of heavy support choice and then take a cheap troops choice and HQ such as a tau army with 3 hammerheads, or a chaos army with three defilers. I would therefore encourage power fists as they will take down tanks and heavy infantry that would otherwise cause you a lot of problems, as one unit of death company with rending can only do so much and anyone who knows what they're capable of will target everything they can at them.
I like the baal predator but i think land-speeder tornado's would be better as they can keep up with your assault squads without a risk of stalling.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hmm, in this tournament what will the missions be? with list one and two i have an unease about putting a powerfist with the seargents and having heavy long ranged weapons with them also. I can see the advantage of it in close combat, but when your 40" away blasting things with your lascannon and it keeps missing ( it will, for certain, just when you need it badly to win) won't you worry that the points coul have been better spebt elsewhere?

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
How about having one large Tac squad and then a five-Wound flying Powerfist? That way the Death Company would have some backup, but you'd still have a good number of boots on the ground.

Something like

HQ
- Lemartes
Elites
- Death Company (x3), JP
Troops
- Tactical Squad (x5+5), Lascannon, Plasmagun
- Assault Squad (x5), Powerfist, Meltabombs
- Assault Squad (x5), Powerfist
Fast Attack
- Attack Bike, Multimelta

If my math is correct, that works out to 750.

You've got decent numbers, extreme speed, a great amount of anti-armor, and a good number of CC attacks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
How about having one large Tac squad and then a five-Wound flying Powerfist? That way the Death Company would have some backup, but you'd still have a good number of boots on the ground.

Something like

HQ
- Lemartes
Elites
- Death Company (x3), JP
Troops
- Tactical Squad (x5+5), Lascannon, Plasmagun
- Assault Squad (x5), Powerfist, Meltabombs
- Assault Squad (x5), Powerfist
Fast Attack
- Attack Bike, Multimelta

If my math is correct, that works out to 750.

You've got decent numbers, extreme speed, a great amount of anti-armor, and a good number of CC attacks.
Yeah but in the new rules an attack bike squad is 2-3 models. Which means you have to either add a bike or take it out and add a cheap landspeeder...

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
The Blood Angels' codex recently released via PDF allows Attack Bikes to be taken independently of normal Bike Squads, taking a single Fast Attack choice. They're a great, cheap, and mobile Multimelta.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Blood Angels' codex recently released via PDF allows Attack Bikes to be taken independently of normal Bike Squads, taking a single Fast Attack choice. They're a great, cheap, and mobile Multimelta.
Really? Ah thats awesome, i loved my single attack bike, didnt want to buy another one so i hope in the new SM codex they will bring that back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts