Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was looking tho the codex of blood angels what you think of this list?

HQ

mephiston 250

Elites

librarain dreadnought 175

5 assault terminators lighting claws 200

10 marines with meltagun and multi melta in a rhino 215

fast attack

ball predator 115

heavy support

stormraven gunship 200

vindicator 145

total 1730

what you think of this please give comment or ways to improve this list.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi i was looking tho the codex of blood angels what you think of this list?

HQ

mephiston 250

Elites

librarain dreadnought 175

5 assault terminators lighting claws 200

fast attack

ball predator 115

heavy support

stormraven gunship 200

vindicator 145

total 1730

what you think of this please give comment or ways to improve this list.
Am no pro, but here is what I think...

I would drop the Libby Dread...and add in a Sanguinary Priest or 2 (in termie armour??) to allow you to access the FnP and FC bubbles that BA are known for. The Tac squads are indeed a different direction from most BA lists, but I'm assuming they are the models you own at the moment, then work with them and see how they fare. With Priests in the mix, they can be pretty hard to remove, and bolters, meltas and Multi Meltas is never wrong.

A lone Baal Pred will not work out most of the time, so you can find points from there as well. You can try putting in some Land Speeders for mobile fire power. Similarly, a lone Vindicator will not do much but let your opponent have a melta target for one turn. If you want either, I would instead go for dual Baal Preds with Flamestorm Cannons outflanking...or TL Assault Cannons, maybe one of each...OR do double vindis as moving 12" and firing the Demolisher Cannon is seriously no joke, but 1 won't cut it as it is too vulnerable on its own.

For the Terminators themselves, I would say...maybe a mixture of 2 TH/SS and 3 Claws for the 3++ save that you would be needing.

Mephiston is always fine, never used him myself, but I think he will do alright no matter what...but since you do not have the bubble of assault marines to surround him for the 4+ cover, do ensure your positioning is right.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
There's little reason to use Tactical squads in the BA Codex. Assault Squads make better mechanized units; they can bring the special weapons to use both of a Rhino's fire points, they naturally do better when operating near the enemy, they get discounted rides. More importantly, a single Storm Raven is too fragile to be the centerpiece of your offense. I recommend choosing between two possibilities:

1. Trade the Storm Raven for a Land Raider to carry the Terminators, and trade Mephiston for a Reclusiarch and Priest to accompany them. This makes one of the best Death Star units in 40k. (The Librarian Dread can follow the Land Raider and provide reinforcement/psychic support.)

2. Bring two (or even three) Storm Ravens. With redundancy comes reliability. Mephiston can ride in the second one by himself; this will do a lot to keep him safe from enemy shooting. You absolutely do not want him to be lit up by a deepstriking unit or something before he gets stuck in. This probably means losing the Predator and Vindicator but that's okay; the Rhinos/Razorbacks will dilute enemy antitank fire more effectively than Predator-chassis vehicles.

In fact, I'm always ambivalent about using Vindicators in a Blood Angels list. It's great that they're fast but BAs are heavily geared towards close combat. I have trouble imagining how Vindies could be used well without running the risk of friendly fire. A Whirlwind feels like a safer bet; it's great against hordes and not-so-great against your own vehicles and Marines. But that's just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts