Votes: 23 50.0%
  • death to the heretic

Votes: 7 15.2%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi this is me and im currently trying to finish my blood angels successor chapter. i need some advise on what banner i am going to make for my chapter banner bearer.
P.S. i also need some tips on banner painting.
P.S.S. sorry for my horrible scetching skillz

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wote for the speared world. I want to see what you can do with it. please post pictures.

As for advice, I dont have any, sorry. I cant even get my own to come out right.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
I liked the Sanguinius tears. They are the more BA ones...

The first with the Heretic and the Alpha Legionnaire I would expect to see it as a Wolf banner with the blood feud and all...

The thirs is nice but the swords remind me a lot of DA...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k so i need more votes to be able to make a decision. PEOPLE VOTE ON THIS NOW! PLZ! thanx for voting!

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
In terms of the banner, I prefer the Tears of Sanguinius one, however, I'm not the biggest fan of the name, it just doesn't seem very Marine-like...

Keep us posted with pictures of the one you choose to paint!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ok so the tears of sanguinius banner is the presumptive winner. i havent painted the banner yet and i am sorry for not posting much at all. heres some pics of the person i am going to use for the bearer of my banner. i shall reward you will more pics as soon as i can

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
All a bit murky but i like the sword throw the planet one best, i guess...

Show us how it turns out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
just one more thing before i paint the darn thing. any painting tips for nubs? any? any at all?:ghost: P.S. here are some pics of the banner itself

·
Registered
164 Posts
Time, that is my big give to new painters, take your time, don't rush it, make sure you water your paints, don't use globs. 3 layers of progressive shading looks 10x better than 1 layer of chunky paint(in most cases). With banners Paint the details *IE the fore ground* then paint the background around it. That way if oyu spill over edges they can be covered up in final stage.

Sorry to be off-topic but how do you display images as thumbnails?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no prob thanx for the tip, to post a thumbnail
when you are writing a message, scroll down to manage attachments
once you have clicked the button, you will have a little menu
click browse and find the pic u want
click upload!
you can have mabey 4 or 5 max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts