Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I checked out belloflostsouls.net today, like I do everyday, and they had actual pics from the actual new BA 'dex. Guess what- it lists them as having---Hvy 3 autocannons- yes, that's right tis quite clear that it says Heavy 3. So what now, will the Necron 'dex have, oh I don't know- maybe RF2 Gauss Blasters?? cuz thats just about as ridiculous, well aside from the fact that there aren't what- 5 I can't remember how many ones the SM have, and 4 of them having Autocannons with Heavy 2??!??!? WTF GW WHAT THE FFFFF!!!1

·
Registered
419 Posts
Calm down!

Warhammer is supposed to be a fun hobby, but your reaction to this news indicates something else...

·
Registered
108 Posts
IDK, its to blurry to tell. It could be a 2 or 3. The Assault 2 Boltguns (With AP4!) looks pretty tasty though. And some kind of Infantry Grenade launcher. Kind of makes me jealous :(

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Personally a lot of the new toys BA are getting do seem excessive - even if only from a fluff perspective.

Yes there is a lot of cool stuff you can do, but do we really need it to come from brand new units rather than the tweaking of existing ones? A prime example is SM veterans (of all flavours bar SW), they have never been done right and they still aren't.

BA are the prime example of including new stuff nearly for the sake of it - they really don't need flying predators, a whole seperate squad with jump packs and power weapons etc when this could all be achieved via small, subtle tweaks of units they have had for a decade.

Plus i'm utterly convinced Mephiston's rumoured stats only exist so some form of loyalist marines can have a character on the same sort of level as Abaddon (though Grimnar does a pretty good job) yet they manage to completely dick it up. His T5 has been one of his defining features, his T5 is because he conquered the black rage, there is no need for him to be T6 (or even S6) and WS7 is utterly pointless in so many ways (mostly from a fluff perspective).

Though as outrageous as a heavy 3 autocannon may seem the hydra flak tank is heavy 4 (though that is mostly to keep it as a single weapon system rather than 2 twin-linked hydra autocannon).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/ supposed to be a fun hobby, I completley agree, in fact this is the FIRST time I have ever even commented on any news of a codex, or even rumors of a codex. But if that blurry thing IS a 3----I've calmy taken the SM, SW, IG books, as there was really nothing over the top- however, giving one chapter a weapon with the same name, and in all other respects the same weapon that the others have, but making it 50% more effective than ALL THE OTHERS IN THE CODECIES of- IG, SW, DA, BT, SM AAGGHH!!!! I just do not understand the logic!! But the foundation of anything fun is consitancy, and a logical way to compete

·
Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,805 Posts

Rumours are rumours and BOLS seems to post every single one of them, regardless of how preposterous they might seem. I'd recommend lurking the rumour section of the warseer forums instead. Untill the codex is released, just assume everything is made up by someone with too much free time on his hands and judge the codex once you have it in hand. Online forums would be a much better place if everyone did so.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i believe i said this in the origional post- it is not a rumor, it is a PICTURE form the CODEX that came from the black boxes that hobby stores have gotten from GW, it is a P_I_C_T_U_R_E

·
Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,805 Posts
Yeah... because there's never been a fake codex released on the internet before, nor has there been any edited images spread to cause panic amongst wargamers... and even if they where authentic, it's not like GW hasn't released missprinted codexes before. Remember the t1 w3 thralls in the old chaos space marine codex? The 13-12-10 hellhounds in the previous Imperial guard book?

Either way, you seem to have totally missed my point; Untill the book is in your hand, just chill.

willl some one PLEASE tell me that I'm wrong!!?!??!??!?!?!?!
You most likely are, but lets assume you aren't - then logic would dictate that Blood Angel autocannons are more expensive than regular ones, thus thing will balance out in the end.

BOLS Summary image

No matter how I twist and turn my head, I still descipher that blurr as a '2'. I also noticed that none of the comments on the BOLS article in question seem to mention it being heavy 3, which leads me to belive that you've just misread the whole thing and threw yourself at the panic button - something I suspected when I first opened this thread. Threads like these are hardly unique when a new codex is about to be released - which is why I made the motivational poster above, it served me well in the weeks before the Space Wolves and Imperial Guard rereleases. :p

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
It's a 2, panic-bleater. The'2' squiggle is the same shape as the squiggle at the end of the 12" bolt pistol range.

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
To be honest, I'm surprised that Heavy 3 Autocannons makes you lose it when there are so many other scary sounding rumors out there :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
lol Seriously... Autocannons are ok, and a Heavy 3 would be cool... but I'm sure theres alot more things to panic over. GW has been out of control with Mudflation lately, its going to be scarey to see how cheap some things are now.

On the other hand, just imagine how awesome your army will be when they get their new codex! Sure, it will be 2+ years away, but still... :p

·
905 Posts
Blood Angels have a lot of things. Hvy 3 auto cannons? Myth! Deepstriking Land Raiders and a flying land raider crusader of a valkyrie, Confirmed!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah its a 2, panic over.

I just took the image and used a colour filter to take out the lighter grey around the shape, and its a 2. Even with the naked eye it looks like a 2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts