Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the blood angels out tomorrow (fingers crossed)
I was wondering what you guys would want out for BA

I personally hope for a cheaper flyer (in both points and money) and some points costs being lowered
So what do you hope for?

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
It's coming out tomorrow? No rumors, no announcements?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on the last few codexes, I wouldn't hope for much.
Well this just dampened my spirits
And no they haven't been officially announced but white dwarf daily said that there's gonna be 19 new products and not all of them are tyranid related so I figured in my little head that since all of the new stuff is about something called "Shield of Baal" so I think that links together

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Well this just dampened my spirits
And no they haven't been officially announced but white dwarf daily said that there's gonna be 19 new products and not all of them are tyranid related so I figured in my little head that since all of the new stuff is about something called "Shield of Baal" so I think that links together
That's for a campaign set similar to Stormclaw, and it involves Tyranids vs IG

40K: Shield of Baal: The Beans Spill! | Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures News: Bell of Lost Souls

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you'd of actually read the fluff for it instead of just watching the teaser trailer and reading one article you would know that the blood angels see the coming invasion and ask help from the imperium and some xenos friends of Dante to help them against the coming tyranid and chaos (yes chaos) invasion although with the help of these people is not enough to help over come the coming attack so they call for help from the successors and first flesh tearers send a main part of their fighting force and after that the others send some help except for the lementes who have their own problems, and so the blood angels with all of their strength ad help from others take on these tyrants. And so there isn't just tyranids vs IG in this

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Yes, according to the fluff a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan is approaching Baal, and their ancient enemy Khabanda (I spelt that wrong) is also manifesting with a great daemon army on some of the outer worlds of the Baal system. All of the Blood Angels successor Chapters are summoned to help (including the renegade Knights of Blood, but they show up and hide themselves from everyone else). This would be the first part of that battle, Guardsmen vs Tyranids on the outer worlds. Next we'll probably move on to Blood Angels vs Daemons at some point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But this isn't a thread to talk about fluff (as fun as it is) this is a thread to talk about what we would like to see in the upcoming codex :)

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The ability to assault out of Deep Strike or Drop Pods. Very Blood Angels thing to do, and would instantly make them a more viable army. Could work by having the BA player declare that they will try to charge, and then they have to scatter (no direct hits) and can't use Jump Packs to make Hammer of Wrath hits.

Also, let Seth take a damn Jump Pack already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ability to assault out of Deep Strike or Drop Pods. Very Blood Angels thing to do, and would instantly make them a more viable army. Could work by having the BA player declare that they will try to charge, and then they have to scatter (no direct hits) and can't use Jump Packs to make Hammer of Wrath hits.

Also, let Seth take a damn Jump Pack already.
This would be awesome but make Seth with a jump pack might be good cos no flesh tearers army would want to have a fire fight, they'd prefer to go immediately to assault

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I checked my LGS and no BA Codex. What made you think it was coming out this weekend, Altonbeerjr?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Oh thanks
do u do blood angels Ben_S?
And if so what do you hope they get when they get updated?
No. Not since 2nd edition anyway. In fact, I haven't played 40k since about half way through 6th edition. I suppose I still have a soft spot for BAs, but I don't really know what they need in the current game/meta.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Cheaper DeathCo, reworked characters and something to help them get into CC against gunlines. Not much, really; the existing Codex is dated but still quite playable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts