Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to get some C&C on the 2000pt list below. The aim is to be fairly balanced. I wanted a nice core to the army (60 Shootas, Big Mek, Kans and Grots), with a good fast assault element (Meganobz, 'Ardboyz, Warboss, Bikes and Skorcha-trakk), and some firepower support (Lootas and Boomwagon). I've run Snikrot in several games now, and his contribution has been excellent so far. The ability to come on and wipe out the pesky heavy support elements of your enemy hugging the back edge is certainly worth the points.

Blood Axes – 2000pts

HQ
Warboss w/ PK, Shoota, 'Eavy Armour, Cybork, Bosspole

Big Mek w/ KFF, Burna, Eavy Armour

Elites
9x Kommandos w/ 2 Burnas
+“Snikrot”

12x Lootas

Troops
3x Meganobz w/ 3x Kombi-Skorcha
Trukk w/ Reinforced Ram

11x 'ArdBoyz
'Ard Boy Nob w/ PK, 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole
Trukk w/ Reinforced Ram

30x Shoota Boyz w/ 3 Big Shootas
Nob w/ PK, Eavy Armour, Bosspole

20x Gretchin
2x Runtherd

Fast Attack
6x Warbikers
Nob w/ PK, Bosspole

Skorcha-trakk

Heavy Support
Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun, ‘Ard Case, Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram

3x Killa Kans w/ Big Shootas

Total: 2000pts

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Not bad

The list looks good overall. The only real problem I see overall is a lack of anti-armor, and not much to deal with 2+ armor saves, besides powerklaws. Besides that, there's just a few minor tweaks I'd make here and there:

1. I far prefer using 2 units of 9 lootas, rather than one large one, using meks with big shootas if you don't have enough loota models. They'll be a lot harder to destroy (being 2 units instead of 1), and they can cover a lot more of the board this way.

2. The killa kans could use a better weapon then big shootas. The list has more than enough anti-infantry. Kustom mega blastas would do a lot more for the list. If you want them to be anti-infantry, than grotzookas are a lot better than big shootas.

3. I'd drop the skorcha buggy. The list has more than enough anti-infantry fire within it. If you're not going to use 2-3 buggies, then I wouldn't use any. Also, rokkit buggies would help this list a lot more than a skorcha buggy.

4. I'd cut the ard case and ram off the looted boomgun, as you want to keep it as cheap and expendable as possible, and I'd cut 1-7 grots and 1 runtherder out of the unit of grots. The second runtherder doesn't really do anything besides make the unit more expensive.

There you go! If you find yourself in need of points, the burna on the KFF, the 'eavy armor on the nobz, and the 'ard boyz upgrade can probably go. There's nothing wrong with any of these things. They're just the least important things in the list, if the points are needed elsewhere.

Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like suggestion no.2. If I cut the skorcha buggy and the reinforced ram off the boomwagon that should give me enough points to equip each killa kan with a KMB.

I'm going to test the lone loota squad before I make any decisions about splitting and expanding them.

I like 'ard case on the boomwagon as it makes it annoyingly harder to kill when combined with the KFF. Same goes for the gretchin; the more there are with a KFF then more annoying they are to my enemy, and as for dropping one grot and a runtherd, I follow the less advantageous ruling of the "1 runtherd for every 10 grots" rule.

Thanks for the input. That then gives me:

Blood Axes – 2000pts

HQ
Warboss w/ PK, Shoota, 'Eavy Armour, Cybork, Bosspole

Big Mek w/ KFF, Burna, Eavy Armour

Elites
9x Kommandos w/ 2 Burnas
+“Snikrot”

12x Lootas

Troops
3x Meganobz w/ 3x Kombi-Skorcha
Trukk w/ Reinforced Ram

11x 'ArdBoyz
'Ard Boy Nob w/ PK, 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole
Trukk w/ Reinforced Ram

20x Gretchin
2x Runtherd

Fast Attack
6x Warbikers
Nob w/ PK, Bosspole

Heavy Support
Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun, ‘Ard Case, Big Shoota

3x Killa Kans w/ KMBs

Total: 2000pts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.