Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was considering doing Vamp army (have not done WHF since 1996)...love the new mini look....but why is that 5 cavalry box $75??????????????

I could buy 2 boxes of empire mounted knights and convert and have 16 blood knights....

·
459 Posts
Because each bloodknight model is as detailed as the average special character model.

·
Registered
576 Posts
b/c their probably all metal, hecka detailed, and ummm yeah...

but you know GW... 15 bucks for 2 Gargoyles...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Its nice and easy to say those things when your in the Northern Hemisphere... us guys in Australia have to pay $120!!!

I think I would rather import them from overseas it would actually be cheaper... especailly how strong our currency is against the US and UK currencies!

Thats my bit of complaining done... :D

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
We in Canada also have to pay over $100 for Blood Knights, and our currency is on par with US along with most of our prices being around 50%+ more expensive. Its definately cheaper for us to order from the War Store, or even the US GW store if you can order from there from different countries.

They really are amazing models, though. If I wasn't a poor uni student, I'd pick some up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I really have a hard time with paying so much for five models. I mean, 75.00 is what I expect to pay for around 15 models. I understand that Blood Knights are big, nice, models, but still, I feel like they are overpriced. I don't plan to buy them, but I may buy the Kastallan blister to lead my converted squad of Knights of the realm I plan to use,

·
453 Posts
As said above each one of them is detailed to the level of a special character. The box costs £40 in the UK, and each one will retail for £10. So you are effectively getting a free knight in the box set.

Also, unless you are playing 3,000 points, or want to have no adaptability and want to get slapped in every battle, you'll never be taking more than 5 of them in the first place.

·
Registered
576 Posts
consider bying them on ebay.. i think you can buy them cheap

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Most battalion box sets are $90 I think 75 dollars for 5 Blood Knights is not worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like 'em

They are all metal & larger then the plastic mounted knights...(See White Dwarf pic of them facing off)...they are super nicely detailed too...and 5 can be maxed out to 425 pts...Oh, and there are several websites that give 20% off and they sell these babies for $60.00 a box & free postage (some online stores).....much better....

·
260 Posts
New Zealand Game Workshop stores are selling them for $140 NZD, the Battalion boxes at $135 - $150 and we pay $6.66 for a US gallon of 91unleaded, stop your whining.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I will use dragon princes minis for blood knights with silver/red/black colour scheme, they look more "blood dragonisch" than oficiall "chaos vampires minis"

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
I love the models.

I got a very nice deal though. I got me a box of these for only $25! They mistagged the box and I went up and mentioned it to them, but they gave me it for 25 anyways. :)

I'll probably end up starting Vampire Counts, and if not they'll at least be great models to build paint!

:party:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The models are pretty sexy. Best UK price I found is £30, which doesn't seem THAT unreasonable. Given their super killy awesomeness I might well get some.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts