Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Far from useless. Once you get used to frenzy things will work out you´ll be fine. Screening for one, in the form of fell bats and dire wolves. Both very fast and manevurable. Believe they will cost 55pts but dont quote on that one. Also where you face your unit, terrain and so on.

Anything recieving their charge will be in alot of pain. I know I´ll field them some day but for now the rest of the units simply are alot more appealing. KotBK are just Khorne knights on steriods but the other 3 rare choices got something special going on for them, not just *CHARGE!*.

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
GW Online : Warhammer : Vampire Counts : Vampire Counts Preview

these are the basic stats of the new blood knights.
My opinion is that due to their frenzy this unit ( wich probably costs around 50 pts/model) will become rather useless for it has to charge its nearest enemy.
What's your opinion on this matter?:)
I can't get to the link because my work's filtering system so I may be making noise into the wind. Unless these knights have a special Frenzy rule you are harboring a misconception. Frenzy does not force you to charge the closest enemy. It forces you to charge an enemy. The differnce will be when you have 2 units that are in charge range but one is further away. You get to choose which unit you would like to charge not jsut the closest one.

This is imporant because if one is terradons 2 inches away on your right but infront of some woods you probably don't want to charge them. But if there's another unit 6 inches away like a unit of Suarus Warriors on you left with some juicy units to over run into behind it you will want to charge these guys.

If these knights have to charge the closest unit then they wouldn't be able to make them cheap enough for me to use them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well you're right imo.

From the stats -since they are just like a chosen knight of khorne, PLUS a lance and fear causing- i'd dare to estimate a cost of around 70 points...provided they can march! (i think it's what the "vampiric" rule stays for).

Then you've got the perfect target for cannons or whatever, that once spared by enemy fire can be lured in any tar-pit and be seen slowly crumbling to dust (unless they change the undead rule).

And in addition the models will cost a lot of money...so...i'd stay away from these.

;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well you're right imo.

From the stats -since they are just like a chosen knight of khorne, PLUS a lance and fear causing- i'd dare to estimate a cost of around 70 points...provided they can march! (i think it's what the "vampiric" rule stays for).

Then you've got the perfect target for cannons or whatever, that once spared by enemy fire can be lured in any tar-pit and be seen slowly crumbling to dust (unless they change the undead rule).

And in addition the models will cost a lot of money...so...i'd stay away from these.

;)
True about the $$$ thing but nothing a box of empire kngihts and some bitz swapping couldn't take care of! Still 70 points for a model with 1 mound makes Maneaters look cheap.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
GW Online : Warhammer : Vampire Counts : Vampire Counts Preview

these are the basic stats of the new blood knights.
My opinion is that due to their frenzy this unit ( wich probably costs around 50 pts/model) will become rather useless for it has to charge its nearest enemy.
What's your opinion on this matter?:)
Surely (as has been mentioned before) you can screen with dire wolves (which will be able to march :)) and then unleash a whole world of pain on your foe? That would solve your frenzy problem.

·
459 Posts
Given the high points cost, this is a perfect unit for the "Banner of ward vs shooting" (can't remember name, and assuming it's still in the list)

On the charge they're going to unleash a can of whoopass! 3 attacks, WS5 means hitting on 3's against a lot and lance makes them S7 on the charge.
Even their mounts are nasty with S4 (are they frenzied as well?)

Their high points cost is prohibative though so I reckon you'll have to be palying a big game or basing an army around them to use them. Though given some of the rumours I've heard about magic stuff in the new book there's going to be some new items and spells to make them more survivable.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Given the high points cost, this is a perfect unit for the "Banner of ward vs shooting" (can't remember name, and assuming it's still in the list)
It is and it has been improved a little bit as well. Like you say, it is very likely this is going to be the default "banner" on this unit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
And so: 6 knights @ around 70 points each, plus let's say 30 points for the command group, plus 50 points for a fancy banner...500 points for 6 one-wound models.
No need to say anything else imo.
:?

·
481 Posts
why do you say they are 70 points a model? I highly doubt they are that high, a thane in the current book cost that much, and has even better stats higher WS, more wounds, more base attacks, pretty much higher everything except for strength and toughness which are the same, and he cost around 70 or so.

They will most likely be around 55 points since it makes no sense at all for GW to produce and make models and rules for units that are to costly to use, and since chaos chosen of khorn knights are around 45 or so each plus there mark for the unit, so since blood knights have similar stats, but come with a lance they are probably at 55 points, since 70 is way off the chart for pricing.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
why do you say they are 70 points a model? I highly doubt they are that high, a thane in the current book cost that much, and has even better stats higher WS, more wounds, more base attacks, pretty much higher everything except for strength and toughness which are the same, and he cost around 70 or so.

They will most likely be around 55 points since it makes no sense at all for GW to produce and make models and rules for units that are to costly to use, and since chaos chosen of khorn knights are around 45 or so each plus there mark for the unit, so since blood knights have similar stats, but come with a lance they are probably at 55 points, since 70 is way off the chart for pricing.
I had a look at the book and they are not 70 points each. Your guess is much closer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had a look at the book and they are not 70 points each. Your guess is much closer.
Still that sounds pretty nice to me. I don't play VC (anymore) and a nice unit of knights worth about 275 pts without command sounds good to me! Odviously these will kill just aobut anything they touch. Trick will be not letting them touch anything!:party:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well i know that 70 points are excessive for a 1 wound model.

But consider that one chosen knight of khorne in a "full command+magic banner" unit
-like you suggested for fielding blood knights- is actually costing 69 points (415 points for 6 chosen knights of khorne with full command plus banner of rage).
This is true, check the chaos book.

So why should a blood knight cost less? It has even got a lance, does not flee, and causes fear.

In case the BK are going to cost less, well, i'll just flush my chaos book down the WC and play only VC from then on.
:D

Bye!

·
Registered
107 Posts
well i play wood elves and these guys scare the crap out of me for 1 reson

3 saves, they got a 2+ armour save, 4+ward, and a 4+ Regen save if u give them the banner(WHICH U WOULD), there survivablilty is like Phenoix guard on roids.

even though these are just rumors that ive heard around my GW store

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To be honest I can't beieve a unit like that can get saves like mentioned above.
the armor save and a possible 4+ ward OR regeneration wouldbe more appropriate.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rumours say they can get those saves, although the ward will probably be against shooting only, and you have to include a BSB. Possible, but pretty expensive... Perfect unit to bait all over the place.:p

·
459 Posts
What about the rumours of spells to raise models for all undead units, not just skellies and zombies? If you can raise into them, even if it's just Khemri style to replace lost models and not take them over the origional number, then that's going to make them a more viable choice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.