Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know everything about the bolld pact(it going to be an intresting book), and their little mercenary friends the loxatol (ok i dont have a refrence infront of me so i dont know how to spell it) i mean apart from what you get in the gaunts ghost novels. i would also really love it if you could give me an overview on their technology, 'caus from the books i got the idea that it was better than imperial. do they have techpriests acompany them? umm where the loxatol come from. warp? alien planet? their weapons, command structures? annything on either topics, it would be a really great help? also.... did they(the blood pact) get completly destroyed after the sabbat worlds crusade? 'caus if they have... welll ill think of somthing but first things first, i need your help on this guys, thanks

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Apart from the Gaunts Ghosts books there are few sources of information on the 2 subjects, there is an Index Malleus on the blood pact, you may be able to find this on the GW web site, and as for the loxatl theres a small paragraph in the 40k rule book but theres nothing there that you wont allready know, try wikipedia aswell.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
There's also the fluffbook Sabbat Worlds Crusade. I recommend it!
Their technology is comparable to the Imperium since they are not crazed cultists but actually an organized army. Although the Imperium defiantly have the upper hand in a lot of things since they have a more reliable source of much of their materials (Urdesh, IIRC).

And we don't know how the Sabbat Worlds Crusade ends. It have not reached that point yet (although I'm pretty confident with an Imperial victory).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, you'd be a heretic if you wheren't. lol and thanks a bunch. it says in one of the gaunts ghosts that the blood pack broke through the imperial codes like nothing, is that because of beter technology. also, they seemed to be working very closely with the dreadnaught and a darkeldar, is that the norn? do they interact more readily that their imperial counterparts do? i mean if they are going in, the blood pact, and need a squad of dark eldar or space marines, will they get them? does the command structure have control over all of those compnents? i know that it isnt true for the imperials., but i mean is it structured like a modernday army where the leader gets to command them all, the eldar the space marines, the other types of aliens?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll give as many answers as I can formulate, but please do me a favour? Capital letters, make reading much easier on my old eyes, so please include them.

A) The code breaking of Imperial Guard codes, can be down to several factors while dealing with the Great Enemy. They possess psyhers, possessed and warp spawned technology. Or even spies among the loyalist troops.

B) The working with other races would appear to be not the norm in a lot of fluff. Bar the Dark Eldar who seem to pimp themselves out in several novels. Forces within the Eye of Terror work together, same as Space Marines would assist Imperial Guard. But the only thing that binds heretical armies together is powerful warlords. I would really doubt a Blood Pact Captain has the "pull" to get Chaos Space Marines or Dark Eldar, but Urlock Gaur or a commander of his level could orchestrate a temporary alliance.

C) The battlefield commander (the poor sod who may die in a game of 40K) is unlikely, but not impossibly, have the clout to command Chaos Space Marines, unless he is a Chaos Space Marine himself of course. And there is no accounting for the motivations and actions of the vile and dreaded Dark Eldar.

I would take from your eagerness and suggestions that you plan to either write a story of your own about the Blood Pact or field an army. Let us know which is it and we may be or more specific use.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
The Dark Eldar that have been fighting for the Pact are most likelt mercenaries (same with the Ioxatls) The DE care little for the wars of humans.

A Chaos Marine is more likely to be the commander of an entire army and would only bow to the most ranking commanders. Remember the Lost and the Damned-list in the Eye of Terror campaign, where Aspiring Champions were army commanders.

Also, that guy commanding the hodes of Ferrozoica in Necropolis was a Marine (at least he was described as one).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.