Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HQ
Captain of the 3rd Company - 139 points
- Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo, Terminator Honours, Krak + Frag Grenades.
(Infiltrate, Counter Attack, True Grit.)

Command Squad (5) - 215 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Company Standard Bearer,
Apothecary, Company Champion, Plasmagun.

ELITES
Dreadnought - 143 points
- Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour.

TROOPS
Tactical Squad (10) - 260 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Plasmagun.

Scout Squad (5) - 93 points
- Bolters, Terminator Honours, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Heavy Bolter.

FAST ATTACK
Assault Squad (5) - 185 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Meltabombs, 2x Plasma Pistols.
(Counter Attack, True Grit.)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Devastator Squad (5) - 225 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, 3x Missile Launchers.

1500 points
41 models
1 vehicle

Just a few questions i would like anwserd before i play my first game with them.

1.) Is it worth taking true grit and counter attack on the assault marines, because they cant use the true grit?

2.) Is it worth all the points to take my command squad? 220 points for 5 models?

3.) Is my captain beefed up anough, or should i drop some of the command squad upgrades to give him some better equiptment?

4.) Is it a good idea to let my whole army infiltrate and deep strike, and leave the dreadnought stranded there by himself?

All the models are what i already have exept for the command squad. I could drop that and beef up my commander and add in my land speeder typhoon. thanks.

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
HQ
Captain of the 3rd Company - 139 points
- Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo, Terminator Honours, Krak + Frag Grenades.

Command Squad (5) - 215 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Company Standard Bearer,
Apothecary, Company Champion, Plasmagun.

ELITES
Dreadnought - 143 points
- Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour.

TROOPS

Scout Squad (5) - 93 points
- Bolters, Terminator Honours, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Heavy Bolter.

FAST ATTACK
Assault Squad (5) - 185 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Meltabombs, 2x Plasma Pistols.
(Counter Attack, True Grit.)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Devastator Squad (5) - 225 points
- Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, 3x Missile Launchers.

1500 points
41 models
1 vehicle

Just a few questions i would like anwserd before i play my first game with them.

1.) Is it worth taking true grit and counter attack on the assault marines, because they cant use the true grit?

2.) Is it worth all the points to take my command squad? 220 points for 5 models?

3.) Is my captain beefed up anough, or should i drop some of the command squad upgrades to give him some better equiptment?

4.) Is it a good idea to let my whole army infiltrate and deep strike, and leave the dreadnought stranded there by himself?

All the models are what i already have exept for the command squad. I could drop that and beef up my commander and add in my land speeder typhoon. thanks.

Welcome to the ranks of marines!
Before we get to your questions ill just point out a couple of thing. Fluff wise, blood ravens have a fare few scouts and an above average amount of librarians so if you want fluffy id recomend including one. Also your dread is looking a bit lonesome, all the las cannons in your opponants army is aimd at it! Right on to the questions!

1) Don,t take it at all! you havn't got enough men to make it effective, only 2 men could use it anyway in the assault squad and only 16 in the tactical squads (cant use true grit with plasma pistols), its simply a waste of points. Thats not good, drop TG and CA and keep the points. Oh and your devastator squad should be deployed far back and shouldn't realy see action, TG, I and CA are wasted.

2) Short answer, no. I don't use command squads, i like my indipendent character status too much! Drop em for a librarian, tool him up to be a close combat god, slap a jump pack on him and send him off with your assault squad! Pownage!

3) He looks fine.

4) Deep strike? I think you mean infiltrait! Drop pod armys are fun but its do or die and numbers of squads becomes important. Infiltraitng is ok, fluffy for blood ravens to.

Some big changes id recomend . . .

1) Your devastator squad has a power fist and a plasma pistol??!! Get rid! Add the 4th missile launcher and beef up the numbers (at least 8) to stop heavy weapons being removed quickly.

2) You can save 108 points for all that true grit! get rid! (sorry to mention it again) :p

3) Consider taking cleanse and purify. Make one tac squad two meltas, the other two plasmas. Little more help with anti tank or MCs coming your way. On that note what was your trait disadvantage?

4) Maybe add another scout squad.

5) If you were to drop CA and TG everywhere and I of the devastators, AND the command squad, you can save 343 points!!! add the plasma pistol, power fist and hons of the devs thats 383 points!!!!!! use wisely

P.S. your land speeder typhoon would be a good addition :happy:

·
running
1,274 Posts
1. I play Blood Raves and have never once used True Grit or Counter Attack. I don't think you need them.

2. I like having a Command Squad, but yours is needlessly expensive. Personally, I would drop the Standard and Company Champion (and the Apothecary and plasmagun, although I might also consider leaving them) to cut several points out of the squad.

3. The Captain looks fine to me. I don't like to take plasma pistols on my HQ units because I don't want them to dry themselves, but I wouldn't say it is a terrible idea.

4. Typically yes, you don't want to leave any part of your army isolated from the rest. However, if you infiltrate correctly, your opponent may very well be more concerned about all those marines and powerfists so close to their lines that he might ignore the Dread to focus on them. He might not, but then you get to assault with more marines.

Landspeeders are always a good option, and power fists on Dev. squads are almost never a good option. A solid list overall though.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.