Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheeeee, more speculative number-crunching fun! Decided to do a list on another prospective SM list for the future, based on the first SM chapter i ever knew (yeah, i got into 40k through DoW, so sue me :D) Note that this list uses the traits shown in the Codex. Anyways, let me know what you think.

HQ:

Captain - 102 pnts
-bp, power weapon, Iron halo, frags

Troops

Tac Squad x 6 -128 pnts
-Missle Launcher, plasma gun, Infiltrate

Scout squad x5 -90 pnts
-x4 sniper rifles, hvy bolter

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x6 -178 pnts
-x2 missles, x2 HB, Infiltrate

TOTAL: 498 pnts

The plan here is to emulate the blood ravens squads as in the game. Very few lascannons/Plasma cannons, lots of missles and HB for heavy stuff in Tac squads. Since whirlwinds and assault squads were the first units i used, I was going to expand with them next (even though the traits let them only have one whirly...*sigh*)

Comments? Thoughts on Expansion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
I can tell you one thing you won't like.
As bad as I feel about it, here it is:
Your Captain cannot infiltrate, and therefore, issn't near combat, and will get eaten away very soon. To counter that, I say, give him a jump Pack, in favor of the Iron Halo. Although I am a great fan of that piece of equipment, it is too costy in 500, get yourself a chaplain instead if you need the invunerable save.

Next to that, I say drop the scouts. Get yourself CC scouts, infiltrating with the rest of the army, tying up units in CC, or get an unit of 5 marines with a bolters and a plasmagun.

Next to that, Nice list ^_^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Wulfbanes said:
I can tell you one thing you won't like.
As bad as I feel about it, here it is:
Your Captain cannot infiltrate, and therefore, issn't near combat, and will get eaten away very soon. To counter that, I say, give him a jump Pack, in favor of the Iron Halo. Although I am a great fan of that piece of equipment, it is too costy in 500, get yourself a chaplain instead if you need the invunerable save.

Next to that, I say drop the scouts. Get yourself CC scouts, infiltrating with the rest of the army, tying up units in CC, or get an unit of 5 marines with a bolters and a plasmagun.

Next to that, Nice list ^_^
that can be rectified if he wants, albeit it will be about 90 pts. get a command squad and give the vet ability infiltrate. he'll have to cough up some pts to save up for it tho, so at this point, it might not work out that well.

one possible option may be a codicier library and give him fury of the ancients. that way, as he treks along, he's forcing pinning tests and making shooting more durable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Dorhnkurk said:
that can be rectified if he wants, albeit it will be about 90 pts. get a command squad and give the vet ability infiltrate. he'll have to cough up some pts to save up for it tho, so at this point, it might not work out that well.

one possible option may be a codicier library and give him fury of the ancients. that way, as he treks along, he's forcing pinning tests and making shooting more durable.
Dude, we are talking 500 points. if you can fit an commandsquad and librarian in it, your my god, but it seems, in 500, we like to keep things simple...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I know what dorhnkirk means. I either can take the captain w/ command squad OR a codicer w/ FOTA. Both are interesting ideas, especially the librarian augmenting the firepower of my other squads. Also, some revised lists...

HQ:

Captain - 97 pnts
-bp, power weapon, Jumppack, frags

Troops

Tac Squad x 5 -113 pnts
-Missle Launcher, plasma gun, Infiltrate

Scout squad x7 -114 pnts
-bp/ccw, vet sarge w/ pwr weapon

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x6 -178 pnts
-x2 missles, x2 HB, Infiltrate

TOTAL: 502 pnts


OR


HQ:

Codicer -104 pnts
-bp, force weapon, FOTA

Troops

Tac Squad x 5 -113 pnts
-Missle Launcher, plasma gun, Infiltrate

Scout squad x8 -104 pnts
-bp/ccw

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x6 -178 pnts
-x2 missles, x2 HB, Infiltrate

TOTAL: 499 pnts

And rectify basically means to solve a problem in a certain situation, or at least thats how I understand it.

Thanks for the advice so far guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Reclusiarch Issach said:
I think I know what dorhnkirk means. I either can take the captain w/ command squad OR a codicer w/ FOTA. Both are interesting ideas, especially the librarian augmenting the firepower of my other squads. Also, some revised lists...
Yeah, I kindof figured it out, but it took a while, it was well, late when I wrote the stuff, and we all get a little picky after eighteein hours without sleep. Thx for notifing it though.
Reclusiarch Issach said:
HQ:

Captain - 97 pnts
-bp, power weapon, Jumppack, frags

Troops

Tac Squad x 5 -113 pnts
-Missle Launcher, plasma gun, Infiltrate

Scout squad x7 -114 pnts
-bp/ccw, vet sarge w/ pwr weapon

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x6 -178 pnts
-x2 missles, x2 HB, Infiltrate
I like the list trough the troops and devies. The Scout serge would be better with Powerfist though. Only the HQ does seem out of place...
Reclusiarch Issach said:
HQ:

Codicer -104 pnts
-bp, force weapon, FOTA

Troops

Tac Squad x 5 -113 pnts
-Missle Launcher, plasma gun, Infiltrate

Scout squad x8 -104 pnts
-bp/ccw

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x6 -178 pnts
-x2 missles, x2 HB, Infiltrate
I like this list alot as well. And since this list is alot like one of my one, I can give you advise straight away! 1. upgrade your librarian to Epistolary so the chance he fails to cast a spell will be lower (Ld10 and you get an extra wound as well ^_^) Then, your Librarian's CC ability must not be underestimated. It rocks in CC, (more than almost every other HQ) and therefore you should get him a Jump Pack. To get the points I suggest dropping the Devvies down to a similair tactical squad, and with the points left get 1 more marine at both units and if you got points left, upgrade your scout's serge to a Powerfist maniac.

Reclusiarch Issach said:
And rectify basically means to solve a problem in a certain situation, or at least thats how I understand it.
I though so, but I was unsure, you don't get that many english in the Netherlands (although I pwn da language :p)

Anyways, good luck with the list
And see you again on the forums!
Wulfbanes
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top