Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After reading the blood ravens combat patrol article on the UK Warhammer 40K Website I was inspired to start a force of my own. Below is my combat patrol army list:

[FONT=&quot]HQ:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brother Captain armed with a bolt pistol and a power weapon and in possession of counter attack and true grit special rules. Cost: 78 points.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Troops:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 Tactical Marines led by a Veteran Sergeant armed with a Powerfist. The whole squad is in possession of counter attack and true grit special rules. All marines are armed with Frag Grenades. Cost: 182 points.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 Tactical Marines armed with a missile launcher and a plasma gun. Cost: 140 points.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total: 400 points.[/FONT]

As I am pretty new to the hobby this is my first army list. Any feedback would be welcome.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
For a combat Patrol where the points are few and you will only field some minis the GW list is nice... Nothing exceptional just nice.

You will be fielding 8 Marines used as jack-of-all-trades and another 8 statical because if they move they will lose the advantage of the Missile Launcher and the Plasma... and I guess the role of the Captain will be to accompany the simple 8man squad.

I would change it a little bit.

Captain - bolt pistol and Power Fist and Jump Pack

Assault Squad with sergeant with Power Fist

Tactical Squad or Devastators with the Heavy Weaponry... Now unfortunately I don't have a Codex with me, as I'm at work, and I can't really say the costs exactly...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Haha, your army is all good i think, maybe drop the true grit or counter attack for a melta gun or flamer in the other squad, but for a begginer i like your army, not everybody has the models to have a super army, i sure didnt when i started. Nice fire support in the second squad and the captain would pack a punch, i like it. When you have some cash buy an assult squad and incorporate that somewhere, especiially if you can give the seargent a power fist.

·
running
1,274 Posts
I think the biggest advantage of Blood Ravens is their ability to infiltrate using the See But Don't Be Seen trait. I have never used True Grit / Counter Attack but I make liberal use of Infiltrate. You might consider giving the tactical squad with the power fist Infiltrate instead of the other two. With this skill they will have a lot less ground to cover before getting into assault and won't get shot up nearly as much.

Another thing to consider is making that squad into a command squad. If you do this, you can attach your commander to the squad and give him infiltrate as well (since he can't take it alone). This would mean you have a 9 man strong unit with a power sword and a power fist in it; that's going to put a whole lot of wounds on anything you assault.

I like the other squad. They're going to give you the power you need to knock down anything that appears in a 400 point game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.