Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through my O&G book today and saw that Boar Boyz are equipped with both a choppa and a spear. Now my understanding on the rule of both of these weapons is that they do the same thing for a cavalry model, provide +1 strength in the first round of combat. Since Boar Boyz come with both these items it is no big deal. However, Savage Orc Boar Boyz have the chance to be upgraded and given Spears.

I guess my question is, in what circumstance would you give Savage Orc Boar Boyz spears? And is it possible that I have just read the rules wrong and missed some distinction between these two weapons?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I did notice that myself, but then I just realized something. The orc choppa is +1 str for the first round of combat, the spear adds +1 str on the charge. So it's just a minor situational difference. The spear is only good on the charge, the choppa isn't. So even if YOU are charged instead of the other way around, with the choppa you still get the +1 str.

Honestly there is no real reason to give them spears. Unless god forbid I missed something myself.

It really seems like something that was added in there for completeness. Orcs have choppas, that's their things. It's just like Ogres having ogre clubs and having bull charge. Example: the ogre hunter has bull charge but can never get it off because he never joins units. Why does he have it? Because he is an ogre.

Oh, and 100th post. yay for me

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
i'm affraid you missed something =(

Choppa's only give +1 strength for infantry, it has no benefit for boarboyz. The spear does give extra strength on charge.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ah, there we go. So it will just count as a hand weapon, but it is called a choppa simply for completeness of the book.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Looking back through my O&G book it seems impossible that I could have missed it but apparently I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts