Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I encountered an interesting situation regarding the Bomb Squig. Its rules state that the Squig hits the nearest vehicle within 18". Now what if the nearest vehicle is a walker that is locked in close combat?

The squig rules make no provisions for LoS/Targeting, so I came to the conclusion that it would in fact hit a dreadnought in CC. My friend wasn't entirely convinced, so I figured I'd get some input from here.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Why did they have to put the word "must" in so many entries int he ork dex. Here's my honest thoughts. Bomb squigs are not a shooting attack, but are still triggered in the shooting phase to my understand. With the wording of "hits the nearest" your losing the ability to target any other unit.

My thoughts are your hitting the walker in combat unless there is a closer target. Even though its in the shooting phase to my understanding, there is no roll to hit, it does not identify anything regarding "cannot target units engaged in combat," and doesn't say anything about being restricted by line of sight.

Probably looking at an FAQ for this one come GT and Gamesday time for ork players, or bomb squigs became that much more useful

·
Registered
78 Posts
it's a walking bomb

The squig for all intents and purposes is a walking bomb and would not care if the vehicle is locked in hand to hand combat. I would say since the tankbustas are handicapped in that they always have to shoot at the nearest vehicle, that the squigs (according to the rules) would also have to attack the nearest vehicle, even if locked in hand to hand. I don't know why GW did not foresee this eventuality. In fact I would have written the rule that the squig could ALWAYS attack vehicles regardless of close combat and cause extra damage to all those involved in the close combat.

I can imagine a group of tankbustas letting their squigs loose and the squigs running toward a melee with a group of orks and a dreadnaught and the squigs pushing their way into the melee and jumping and clamping onto the hull of the dreadnaught and then BOOM! :0 Dead Orks and dead dread. 8X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.