Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now if i have a unit of 6 tankbustas and two bomb squigs can i take the two bomb squigs and release them into a vehivle and then take the other 4 tankbustas and shoot into a different tank as the bomb squigs are not considered shooting just makes it so whoever releases them can not shoot? its been bugging me but if thats how it works then i think that it would be a fun thing to do.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Yes

Yes, you certainly can. Releasing squigs doesn't count as shooting. A single tankbusta simply has to give up shooting that round to release a squig. You can do this multiple times if you like, and the squig hound attacks the nearest enemy vehicle within 18in. The rest of the unit can shoot at any target you like, as normal.

As an added bonus, you don't even need line of sight to the vehicle. You release the squig, and they attack the NEAREST enemy vehicle within 18in. The rule says nothing about line of sight.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Funny, I was just wondering the same thing. =P

This makes bomb-squigs really good: slide up next to a transport, squig it, and then rokkit the hell out of its passengers =P rock.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have to release them at the same time or can you do them one at a time?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
do you have to release them at the same time or can you do them one at a time?
You can use any number of your bomb squigs at any time, so long as one Tankbusta forgoes shooting for each squig released.

I myself like to take one tankhammer in my Bustas. This is the guy who drops the squigs; since he loses nothing by doing so.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes, you certainly can. Releasing squigs doesn't count as shooting. A single tankbusta simply has to give up shooting that round to release a squig. You can do this multiple times if you like, and the squig hound attacks the nearest enemy vehicle within 18in. The rest of the unit can shoot at any target you like, as normal.

As an added bonus, you don't even need line of sight to the vehicle. You release the squig, and they attack the NEAREST enemy vehicle within 18in. The rule says nothing about line of sight.
unless i'm mistakin to shoot at a person you need line of sight correct? if you release a squig "instead" of shooting, i assume you would still need line of sight to use that ability seeing as to how it takes up your shooting spot.

If i'm wrong and you don't how would that work? if theres a building or a wall blocking line of sight how would the squig reach the tank? the rules do state that he runs straight, so i don't think hes going to walk around the object.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
unless i'm mistakin to shoot at a person you need line of sight correct? if you release a squig "instead" of shooting, i assume you would still need line of sight to use that ability seeing as to how it takes up your shooting spot.

If i'm wrong and you don't how would that work? if theres a building or a wall blocking line of sight how would the squig reach the tank? the rules do state that he runs straight, so i don't think hes going to walk around the object.
The releasing of a squig does not "replace" shooting as you're looking at it. All that matters is that the Busta in question does not shoot.

Also remember that the squig is "not actually there" (the model is just a marker), therefore terrain means nothing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The releasing of a squig does not "replace" shooting as you're looking at it. All that matters is that the Busta in question does not shoot.

Also remember that the squig is "not actually there" (the model is just a marker), therefore terrain means nothing.
i still don't see how a little snarling fluff ball with teeth runs threw a wall or a giant tank wreck or a building, etc etc. i don't agree with the no LoS needed but until/unless GW puts out a faq on them i guess i'll just have to go with it

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i still don't see how a little snarling fluff ball with teeth runs threw a wall or a giant tank wreck or a building, etc etc. i don't agree with the no LoS needed but until/unless GW puts out a faq on them i guess i'll just have to go with it
If it makes you feel better fluffwise, then imagine the squig goes around. The "straight line" is used to determine which side of the armor is hit.

·
Gentlemen.
738 Posts
monkeyclops, you could use the rokkits from extra rokkit launchas from a boyz sprue or a lootas/burnas sprue, file it down, attack to the back. Make SURE to show them to us!8X

·
569 Posts
monkeyclops, you could use the rokkits from extra rokkit launchas from a boyz sprue or a lootas/burnas sprue, file it down, attack to the back. Make SURE to show them to us!8X
I'm thinking BIGGER though... like perhaps using one of the extra Hunter Killer missiles I have :) I'm hoping to perhaps get some work on these underway this weekend, if not then next week some night. And don't worry, I'll get pics up as soon as the work starts!

i got back from work and read the squig missles, and that made my night thank you man lol, i'm gonna make a few missle squigs also
Haha, nice! Looks like this is snowballing into ork phenominon!!

Oh, btw thanks for the rep guys 8Y

·
Registered
515 Posts
i think i'm gonna try to get hold of a big cannon barrel, maybe a Vindicator demo. mount it on a artierly base(orkish or course), and stick a bomb squig half way down insidewith his fat head and dynomite in mouth sticking out(shoot him over!!)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
now back on to the subject (i do like the idea of a flying squig) but a question here,

if a unit that is riding in a looted wagon releases a squig and you roll a 1 will the squig blow up in the vehicle or run out and back at the vehicle. also what armor are you going to use for where the squig will hit?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
now back on to the subject (i do like the idea of a flying squig) but a question here,

if a unit that is riding in a looted wagon releases a squig and you roll a 1 will the squig blow up in the vehicle or run out and back at the vehicle. also what armor are you going to use for where the squig will hit?
Very good question. I would handle this by using the armor of the side facing the vehicle that you intended to hit.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Vague

Well, the bomb squig definitely hits the vehicle you're in, as it is the closest vehicle to the unit, and technically not part of the unit of tankbustas.

It's very tricky, because technically you don't aim the squig bomb, and you don't choose a direction. It simply goes towards the nearest vehicle.

There are three ways of doing it, really:

1. Roll the scatter die, or a d3, and randomly see which direction he goes in.

2. The worst side. This is the least favorable of the options, but perhaps the most fair.

3. The side armor. In most other cases in 40k, when it isn't clear which direction of a vehicle is hit, you hit side armor instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts