Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Let me know how it comes along, im going to be starting a tau army pretty soon here, so i could use some tips as to whats good, converting, painting tips ( i never painted anything on my past 2 armies, my brother did it for me) etc. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
battle suits... expand with those I'd suggest... and those pulse laser guys... but I've got a question:

why does it says one shot on the pulse laser? can it only fire once?
tau are good i think much about them hint use you battle suits wisely and in large groups other thing railguns-put them to use!!!!!! i use kroots to soften up the enemy then kill the rest with all your heavy weapons!!!

do not fear anything but fear itself

-J.F. keddeny

·
Registered
53 Posts
Railguns once per battle? No, no, no, no, no. Railguns are Heavy 1s, not single-shot weapons, like the Seeker Missiles. Every time you fire a railgun, you fire one shot per shooting phase per gun, that's all. And was it a Tau/Kroot Army? 'Cos the the closest thing the Tau have to that gun described, is the Fusion Blaster, which is Range 12" S 8 AP 1. This, as humankillerz 11 correctly says, is on a battlesuit. The closest the the Kroot have is a Range 48" S 7 AP 4 rapid fire weapon mounted on the Krootox.

Unless, of course, it was a Kroot Mercenary Army where it could be anything, 'cos they can have weapons from vitually any army, ie shootas, shuriken catapults, bolters...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Aye. Look in the Chapter Approved book for Kroot Mercenary Army List. And yes, most of the models can trade in their Kroot Rifles for weapons from Eldar, Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Orks, and Sisters Of Battle (I once faced a Kroot Mercenary Army with Necron and Eldar friends. The Kroot Master Shaper had wings, a Meltagun, a Close Combat Weapon and possibly grenades. I was rather scared of it until it got ripped to shreds as it charged towards a large squad of Necron Warriors. :p The rest of the Kroot got massacred single handedly by an Eldar Wraithlord simply because the Meltagun on the Master Shaper was the only thing that could scratch it). Plus, they can be mutated a la Tyranids, so they can have wings, +4 invulnerable saves....etc.

Oh..and PS...the whole darned army can infiltrate, use fieldcraft and can ally with ANY army short of Dark Angels. o.o

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok I understand why Digimonn is called a spammer...

In my oppinion the Kroot mercinaries are one of the coolest armies in WH40K.

I mean look at their arnament, or weapons for that sake...
A two handed weapon that still gives them +1 attack!!

One of my favorites must be Huntered Kindered, You know the kroots on the cold one thingies...

Eztrivia!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good luck with your Tau army. It is one of the hardest armies to play and when you get those wins the smirks will drop from your opponents face. My favorite is blowing up or immobilizing 3 rhinos in turn 1 and then systematically annhilating his troops as they slogged their way to me. :lol:

They are alot of fun and I think they are so cool looking.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't over look kroot people may say they suck but in all reality the don't. If you can assaut a person with 20 kroot all with 2 attacks and you can add on 8 hounds they've got trouble. The trick is keep them in cover until the time comes to use them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like to use my fire warriors to support my suits. Stick them behind the crisis and shoot the enemy while the crisis jump in and out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.