Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was handed a box a warhammer, the models were great excep they were made of resin and I asked the guy and he said they were all copies he made himself of warhammer models. I am really unsure if these models are legal, I did not buy them they were just given to me so I am wondering wether to throw them out or keep them. If anyone knows if these are legal or illegal tell me

·
Registered
384 Posts
If they are the Exact same model as GW sells then they are technically illegal due to copy-right laws. However If is own design and named differently its ok. Check out avatars of war for what I mean there. Also don't expect to be allowed to use them in store or to get much of a reception if they ever find out they are fakes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you have a Games Workshop store you go to they wont care about Canadian copyright laws, they wont let you use it. If its an independent however most dont care what you use.

·
663 Posts
Here is the real question, who is going to know.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
But I live in Canada who only accepts copyright on canadian things and not things outside Canada
I live in Canada too and this is not the case as I know it. I think you will find Games Workshop will hold copyrights in all the countries in which it does business including Canada. I think the answer to the question is simple; use the models at home or with friends, but don't take them to an official GW event. It is a question of morals, morally you should not have them, otherwise paint them up and who is going to know?

·
725 Posts
Don't attempt to sell them online anywhere.. Dont try to use at a GW store.. Other than that, you"ll be alright.. THe GW police won't come knocking on your door or be sending you any cease and desist letters.

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Just how good or bad copies are they?I i have one miniature from another manufacturer to use as a libby and most people think its convertion/greenstuffing work.

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Like Willance has said.. who is going to know? Unless your stupid and start flaunting the fact about your local gw that your using copied models no one is going to know. If they are coppies of metals, once again just be careful not to go making obvious the fact that they are resin. Just paint them.

If anyone does say anything just say you got them in a big box of stuff off a car boot sale. the worst that can happen is that you wont be aloud to use them in store if your found out. You didnt copy them, and you didnt buy them, you cant be prosecuted. The only guy who could be is the guy who copied them, in which case its his own fault.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts