Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total: 2,250 points

Dark Eldar Lord: 152 points
• Archon, Combat Drugs, Punisher, Tormenter Helm, Shadowfield, Animus Vitae, Plasma Grenades

Dark Eldar Retinue: 333 points
• 9 Incubi, 2 Shredders, Plasma Grenades
• Incubi Master, Combat Drugs, Plasma Grenades
• Attached Haemonculus #1

Haemonculi: 282 points
• Haemonculus #1, Combat Drugs, Scissorhand, Destructor, Plasma Grenades, Tormentor Helm
• Haemonculus #2, Webway Portal, Destructor, Scissorhand
• Haemonculus #3, Combat Drugs, Scissorhand, Destructor, Tormentor Helm, Reaver Jetbike

Wyches Squad: 188 points
• 9 Wyches, 2 Shredders, Plasma Grenades
• Wych Succubus, Agoniser, Plasma Grenades

Wyches Squad: 213 points
• 9 Wyches, 2 Blasters, Haywire Grenades
• Wych Succubus, Goblet of Spite, Haywire Grenades, Agoniser

Warp Beasts Pack: 75 points
• 5 Warp Beasts
• Beastmaster

Warrior Squad: 100 points
• 10 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances

Warrior Squad: 162 points
• 9 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances
• Sybarite, Webway Portal

Raider Squad: 186 points
• 9 Warriors, Splinter Cannon, Shredder
• Sybarite, Agoniser
• Attached Haemonculus #2
• Raider, Scaling Nets

• Sybarite, Agoniser
• Raider, Scaling Nets

Reaver Jetbike Squad: 100 points
• 4 Jetbikes
• Joined by Haemonculus #3

Talos: 100 points
• Talos

• Talos

Scourges Squad: 306 points
• 9 Scourges, 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Dark Lances
• Scourge Sybarite, Webway Portal

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some constructive feedback, because I don't even own most of these models yet, so I don't want to buy models im not going to use.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Quick note: 2250 is a bit of an odd point total. Most games are in multiples of 500 (500, 1000, 1500, etc). So if you haven't collected your army yet, aim at a 2000pt or less army to begin with.

Total: 2,250 points

Dark Eldar Lord: 152 points
• Archon, Combat Drugs, Punisher, Tormenter Helm, Shadowfield, Animus Vitae, Plasma Grenades
This is a pretty standard set up for the lord. Although I might suggest dropping the animus Vitae since although it is a nice bonus, it probably won't come in to effect until at least turn 3 and never against armies that fearless.

Dark Eldar Retinue: 333 points
• 9 Incubi, 2 Shredders, Plasma Grenades
• Incubi Master, Combat Drugs, Plasma Grenades
• Attached Haemonculus #1
Combat drugs are nice, but it is generally a waste to put them on a single wound model since he is likely to doe and make those 25 points go to waste (even if you never use more then one drug). Shredders are poop. So sorry but it is true expecially since you can only take them in place of a blaster. Small blasts are deceptive in usefullness: A well played army will rarely bunch up their guys so that more then 2 will ever be under a single small blast template. The only time it is good is against a unit that just deep striked in to play (and thus are all bunched up) or against guard using Close Order Drill. Also, since the gun has no AP value, enemies always get their full armor save against it. Lastly, shooting with an assault team can often cost you the unit because your opponent will just remove the models closest to your team and then suddenly you can't assault them anymore.

Long story short: If you are going to give them a special weapon, I suggest blasters.

Also, I noticed that you aren't mounting them in a raider. This isn't bad, I just want to warn you that this can be risky since you have a LOT of points in that unit and they are likely to get targeted by the enemy. A raider would help make sure they reach the safety of assault.

Haemonculi: 282 points
• Haemonculus #1, Combat Drugs, Scissorhand, Destructor, Plasma Grenades, Tormentor Helm
• Haemonculus #2, Webway Portal, Destructor, Scissorhand
• Haemonculus #3, Combat Drugs, Scissorhand, Destructor, Tormentor Helm, Reaver Jetbike
Scissorhands as well as poisoned blades do not benefit from two CC weapons. As such, the tormentor helm does nothing for them. Also, scissorhands do not benefit from plasma grenades, bonus attacks from combat drugs, or bonus strength from combat drugs. Now, that isn't to say they are bad weapons, it is just a lot of that combat gear is kind of anti-synergistic.

Also, quick reminder about the jetbike: According to the DE FAQ, the jetbike gives +1 Strength and +1 Toughness.

Wyches Squad: 188 points
• 9 Wyches, 2 Shredders, Plasma Grenades
• Wych Succubus, Agoniser, Plasma Grenades

Wyches Squad: 213 points
• 9 Wyches, 2 Blasters, Haywire Grenades
• Wych Succubus, Goblet of Spite, Haywire Grenades, Agoniser
Same comments about the shredders as before only more so. If wyches aren't locked (or engaged) in assault, that means they can be shot at and get their 6+ armor save. As for the goblet of spite, it isn't very good either: Enemies on average have a 4 WS (or less). With wych weapons, that means it lowers to a 2 and thus you hit on a 3+ anyway. Also, I suggest against making the wyches an anti-tank squad since it doesn't lock them and combat and thus leaves them vulnerable to enemy fire.

One last point: Again, the same raider issue as above with the incubi but more so since they have a 6+ armor save vs shooting.

Warp Beasts Pack: 75 points
• 5 Warp Beasts
• Beastmaster
Always a good choice, just be careful when using them due to their horrible armor saves (ie, make sure they kill off or mostly kill off the enemy they are assaulting).

Warrior Squad: 162 points
• 9 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances
• Sybarite, Webway Portal

• Sybarite, Agoniser
• Attached Haemonculus #2
• Raider, Scaling Nets

• Sybarite, Agoniser
• Raider, Scaling Nets
Good for the most part. Again, the shredder vs blaster issue. Also, scaling nets aren't that useful from my experience since dropping guys mid move rarely seems to be of much help and the penalty is a nuisance. Just to note: Warriors are fast but will rarely win assaults (especially against Marine Equivalent armies).

Reaver Jetbike Squad: 100 points
• 4 Jetbikes
• Joined by Haemonculus #3

• Talos

• Talos
Looks fine to me, I generally run only a single talos but thats really a preference thing (and the fact I only have one). :) As to the jet bikes: Be careful with them. They are tougher then the standard DE but they are still squishy.

Scourges Squad: 306 points
• 9 Scourges, 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Dark Lances
• Scourge Sybarite, Webway Portal
This squad has a few issues:

First of all, it is un-focused: What are you trying to do with this squad? Mobile weapons platform? Dark Lances can't be fired after moving or deep striking. Anti-armor squad? Splinter cannons can't do anything to vehicles above armor 10 an can't AP heavily armored infantry. This means much of your units abilities are being put to waste most of the game.

Second, The WWP: WWPs cannot be deployed if the model carrying it moved or shot in that turn. A deep striking unit counts as moving the turn it arrives. That means if you deep strike, you can't place the portal until turn 3 at the earliest and deploy out of it until turn 4 (Turn 1: N/A; Turn 2: Deep Strike; Turn 3: Portal; Turn 4: Units enter through portal).

In all, I am not a big fan of Scourges. Since I am the only DE player in the area, I've never seen them used well. Maybe someone else can give you better advice in that regard. My personal suggestion would be to replace them with a Ravager with a Dark Lance and two Disintegrators. It is fast, flexible, and if you use it right you can bring its full power to bare every turn.

Tactical Concerns:

- On WWPs:
You seem to be running three of them: One on a Haemy, one on a Scourge, and one on a sniper squad. The scourges, as previously mentioned, are a risky method depending on how you use them: If you start the scourges on the field, they can rapidly move forward in to a safe position and then deploy the portal on turn 3. If you deep strike them in and place the portal, you risk either A.) Wasting the portal since all the reserves have arrived already or B.) you lose the squad either through deep strike mishap or firing (since scourges are squishy). As to the Haemy, I suggest you start the game with him un-attached to a squad and hidden behind it. Why? Independent characters cannot be targeted unless they are the closest target. This means your opponent has to kill all closer targets before they can shoot it. This allows you to place it at your leisure. The WWP in the Sniper squad is fine but keep in mind that idea WWP locations and ideal sniper squad locations are rarely the same. You are also vulnerable to things like the chaos Lash psyker power which can draw you in to assault.

- On the Lack of Raiders:
You seem to be planning on using your raiders as mobile assault platforms for your warriors but not for your wyches or HQ squad. Wyches and Lord/Incubi both share the same weakness: They are assault squads and are horrible at range. Wyches die miserably to bolter fire due to their 6+ armor save. Incubi/Lord are a HUGE lump of points and your enemy will probably find them a worthy target for focusing their heavy weapons fire on (in fact, considering your list, they are their best target other then maybe the two talos). Keep in mind, that incubi cannot fleet of foot and thus are forced to trudge the distance from the portal (or their deployment location) to the enemy. Same thing with the wyches (although they can still fleet of foot). Now, this isn't an issue if you expect to be facing other assault orient armies (many Space Marine lists, Orks, Tyranids, Witch Hunters etc) because by the time your guys leave the portal the enemy is likely to be in assault range. However: If you are going against a shooty list (The rest of the marine lists, Tau, Imperial Guard, etc) they will just stand back, drink a margarita, and have a party while they mow down your guys as you approach on foot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm agreeing with Toloran here, your wyches as they are are too slow they rely on a raider. Scourges. Scourges should be a harassment unit, so give them a weapon they can do that with. S.Cannons through and through for the scourges. And as tempting as it is to DS them, try not DSing them. Also recommended not to give them the WWP. I'm surprised you are not giving the Reavers the blaster upgrade. This

There are a lot of tactics you can try with this list, I recommend that you make your wyches faster, your HQ faster, your Scourges with assault weapons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your advice! Those comments were really well thought out and in-depth; exactly what I was looking for!

I am going to go back and rewrite my list, and I will repost it here once I have made the necissary corrections.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This squad has a few issues:

First of all, it is un-focused: What are you trying to do with this squad? Mobile weapons platform? Dark Lances can't be fired after moving or deep striking. Anti-armor squad? Splinter cannons can't do anything to vehicles above armor 10 an can't AP heavily armored infantry. This means much of your units abilities are being put to waste most of the game.

Second, The WWP: WWPs cannot be deployed if the model carrying it moved or shot in that turn. A deep striking unit counts as moving the turn it arrives. That means if you deep strike, you can't place the portal until turn 3 at the earliest and deploy out of it until turn 4 (Turn 1: N/A; Turn 2: Deep Strike; Turn 3: Portal; Turn 4: Units enter through portal).

In all, I am not a big fan of Scourges. Since I am the only DE player in the area, I've never seen them used well. Maybe someone else can give you better advice in that regard. My personal suggestion would be to replace them with a Ravager with a Dark Lance and two Disintegrators. It is fast, flexible, and if you use it right you can bring its full power to bare every turn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i ment to quote that. but instead accidently hit enter and i cant figure out how to delete that as i am new? hahaha anyways i completely agree with that statement but on the other hand I LOVE SCOURGES! but hes right... you have no significant purpose for the scoruges and darklances with them i think are quite useless as they cannot move and shoot them... when i use scrouges i take 4 SC to mow down infantry whether the Sv is good or not its affective for me... but i guess its all opinion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts