Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone and everything.
I'm an imperial guard collecter who is looking for another cheap (money wise) army to collect. I've chosen Tyranids for my new force and some help with an army list. I don't have a codex but have an armybuilder and so don't know what each of the upgrades do.
In any case I want a 1500 point army lead by a broodlord and is ultra combatative. I don't want a shooty army bur other then that i'm open to ALL your suggestions as long as they're sane and/or effective. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Welcome to the Hive Jazer.

Broodlord lists can be made fluffy, and really cool, if you focus on a vanguard type force.

Tyranid vanguards are made up of Lictors and genestealers other than the broodlord. Warriors, Gaunts, Ravenors and Gargoyles aren't completely out of place, however. Especially if you want to mix things up and add something other than pure genestealers (most people will grab a horn and start shouting cheddar to something like that).

At the time being, though, Tyranids are getting a new codex in two months. I would save your money for now, wait for that new codex, and the new models that come with it, and see what you can do at that time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply Alzer.
I am well aware of the new nid codex coming out this January but still wanted
to start building a force in the mean time. I was thinking of buying a broodlord
(as said below) and a large force of genestealers. That way when the new codex comes I have plenty of tough troop choices to be combined with some new/old models next year.
I wanted a force so I would be able to participate in big apocalypse games at my local GW. But that's just the thoughts of a new nid player and i'm happy to know what you think.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
I see.

Well in that case. I can give you some tips. I only have a 1k army but a good load of the points is genestealers and broodlord.

Most players run stealers one of two ways it seems. Either with skuttlers, to outflank (not required with the broodlord, as it grants the squad infiltrate), or with Extended carapace, to be tough enough to walk across the field.

Another big toss up always seems to be flesh hooks v.s. feeder tendrils (aka "wiggleface").

Feeder tendrils are pretty much a must on a broodlord, though I've always felt it a bit expensive for an entire genestealer squad.

Having a unit around with fleshhooks will allow you to jump in on those pesky snipers and heavy weapon squad hidden in cover.

A big thing to think about is what else you want to take with your Broodlord and stealers. It is possible to make a pure list of them. But again I wouldn't recommend it. There are some things you will run into that would completely ruin your day if you did this. (Really all that comes to mind are Hammer/Shield Terminators, and the Monolith). So what other sorts of units/models tickle your fancy?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Also remember currently it is believed that Genestealers will be moving from troop to elite. Bear this in mind when buying models right now, as you might find yourself having to buy a whole new group of models to fill in your troop slots (although BL might alleviate this, it's best to not be caught with your pants down if it does happen).

Lictors are super awesome on paper, but tend to suck it in game in my experience, but they are incredibly fluffy vanguard units. I tend to run my stealers on the cheap, with EC and FH only. I face a lot of MEQ armies though so moving from a 5+ save to a 4+ save is incredible. I would recommend you back your stealers up with either some heavy Carnifexes, or a solid Tyrant. Both can help draw fire from your troops, and provide a nice lynchpin unit for tank hunting, SC hunting, or whatever you need them to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.