Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an army I finished some time ago and was quite pleased with it at the time, there are still some pieces I am very happy with! In particular the tech priest and the Dreadnought. Looking for constructive feedback on improving my technique.

For those who have already seen my Skorne these guys were painted before them so I guess that's where all the "pink" came from!

Currently this army is for sale to New Zealand forum members on www.trademe.co.nz

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Wonderfully painted army... it looks a little cartoonist but I like it. And I know the multi colored color schemes are not of the easiest to manage...

And Brazen Claws are not of the first selection when someone starts SM... 8Y

·
Registered
419 Posts
A rather rough paintjob, but nice looking, cartoony as Tsele said. Fun to see so many old models, brings back memories of my oldest DA's...
Only remark I got: I rember the Brazen Claws as darker in colour. Like deep red and deep blue...
I may be wrong...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys

@tsele I actually found the multicolour approach was what made me finish this army. I had always struggled with painting Space marines before tried Space Wolves and Salamanders never quite got them right...

@The Watcher yes it is a bit rough it was all before I heard of this magic blending business or washes!! I still like the admittedly cartooney look and it gave them a great impact when they hit the table (made up for their rather disconcerting ability to bring power armour powered by cabbages).

I only had one picture to go off from my old second edition Ultramarines Codex and they were very minimally highlighted Blood Red and Enchanted Blue - I'm just took that to extremes! 8X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts