Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved a free army of Bretonians from a friend who stopped playing them. I currently have 30 knights and some men at arms. I'd been thinking of starting a Vampire army, and since these models aren't painted, I wondered if you guys could give me a few ideas to make a legal Bretonian army into a legal Vampire Counts army themed around a Blood Dragon and his court of Vampire buddies.
So far i'm thinking black. lots of black, and Ladies for the Necromancers...

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Well generally you wouldn't want that many knights... Perhaps you could convert some of the horses into a form of dire wolves?

Or if you had spare legs, maybe buy a skellie box, you could make the knights into graveguard. Skeleton bits mix fairly easily with MaA so you can converty them to be either skeletons or zombies with ease.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like your idea, good use of materials and all that jazz. I would suggest you use the Knights (I'm assuming their Knights of the Realm but it could work either way) and use them as newly dead Black Knights, and the Men-at-Arms armored skeletons (or whatever they're called, I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the VC line) The idea for Damsels as Necromancers is a good one, you might consider writing a backstory for them, I know I'd enjoy reading it.

As for your idea of using them as Blood Dragons, I think Von Carsteins would fit your model choice better, or maybe Lahmia and using the before-mentioned Damsels as Vamps instead. If you do decide on Blood Dragons, use the Damsels as Thralls, Blood Dragons like having retinues, use the Men-at-Arms for skeletons (I know they're more like zombies, but Blood Dragons don't use them by principle) In short, use a lot of wights and all, backed up by skeleton units. Paintwise, black, bronze, and red should do the trick, maybe a tarnished iron look.

Post pics when you're done, I, for one, would like to see them

·
Registered
243 Posts
Isnt there a chractor in the VC book about a blood dragon who is in Brettonia? If im right, cant be bothered to find my army book then you could theme your army around that, your general one of his commanders or something like that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In the back of the VC army book, there is the Blood Dragon Army list (ask you oponents persmission). That has skelly archers, and graveguard and Black knights as core choices, a very easy way of changing to VC, although in tournaments you'd have to use the normal list

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.