Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im currently building a 4,000 point bretonian army. As of right now I have 1,590pts. The army started off being led by Lord Beaumont. He was joined by his nefew Lord Raymond. Lord Raymond had never been in real combat before, he had only trained in his Uncle's castle and he had just been knighted a relm knight for rescuing a damsel from a firebreathing Wyrm.

When King Louis sounded the call for a cursade against Chaos in the Empire Lord Raymond was ready to go earn more glory in battle against other men. His Uncle decided to lead a crusade so that he could keep watch on his overly zealous nephew. This would not be the case, by the time the army of bretonia reached 10 miles from Middenheim they received word from refugees they encountered in the woods that Middenheim and the towns around it were under seige. They decided cutting through the woods would be faster to reach the beuligered city. They came across a quaint Empire village in the middle of the woods.

The towns folk were far too proud to leave their homes to be ransacked by the forces of chaos, they were going to fight. The pride and stubbornness of these simple folk moved the stoic heart of Lord Beaumont and he decided to split his army. Half would go with his nefew (under the watchful eye of his loyal standard bearer Lord Donald) while the other half would remain in this village to protect these people. Lord Raymond held the walls at middenheim and when the fighting broke through into the city he slayed several chaos warriors and knights in single combat. The lady was truly with this one because more than once a fell blade of Chaos decended upon this knight and every time the lady's grace saved him from death. When the seige was lifted Lord Raymond made haste to tell his uncle of the heroic deeds he had committed. Upon arriving at the village he found it ransacked and infested with beastmen. With rightous fury Lord Raymond slew the vile beasts and ordered a search for his uncle in the surrounding area. In the cellar of a ruined house the remanants of his uncle's army was found. The proud bretonian kight had already breathed his last, he was slain on the field of battle. Lord Raymond was filled with grief. That night around a fire in the village commmon the villagers were happy that archaeon was in retreat, the Empire was saved. Lord Raymond stared into the fire with just thoughts of vengence on his mind and how he never got to say goodbye to his beloved uncle.

His mother and father were dead and now his only family, Lord Raymond was dead too. Lord Raymond's best friend Lord DuPont approached his saddened friend in hopes of raising his spirits. "The crusade is over my friend!" said Dupont cheerfully, "We can go home now." Lord Raymond looked up at his friend and only replied "mine is only begining". His friend took a step back. "What do you mean, only begining?" asked Lord Dupont. He knew that his friend looked to avenge the death of his uncle, and Lord Dupont grasped hands with his long time friend saying "wherever you go, I will be there to aid you with my sword and lance."

As we read in the battle report I made, Lord Raymond eventually caught up with the Chaos champion and won combat against him. Now im contemplating a campaign depecting the trip home that the crusading bretonians have before them.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
You know, with a little bit of tweaking, that fluff could provide some great hooks for the Bretonnians to turn to Chaos themselves. Go on, you know you want to ;).

Seriously, though, the fluff looks pretty good, just split it off into separate paragraphs and tweak the spelling of certain words (like nephew) a bit to make it easier on the eyes and you have a nice, concise piece of fluff. Also, what is a crusading army? Do you mean an Errantry War army or is this the theme you've built your army around?

·
Registered
38 Posts
niterabbit is right there give it a bit more tweaking and you can start your own WHF novel
and i think he means the army like the christian crusaders in the medieval age sending armies to Palestina to purge it from the saracens in this case Good guys purging the land from Chaos, could be mistaken but think you mean it like that or not terminator?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ulric is right, I themed the army around the crusaders like in the holy wars of the middle ages. I think I will write a WFB novel depecting the return trip of Lord Beaumont. I could post each chapter when i finish it. Thanks for all the feedback guys. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There is in fact some actual crusades mentioned in the WFB fluff. Involving(you guessed it), Knights of Brettonia and the Empire initially fending off an invasion of the Sultan of all Araby from Estelia and Tilea and eventually driving into Araby itself. Its where the Knights Panther(an Empire Knightly order) gained their wealth and symbol(the panther pelts they wear).

Basically a knock off of the wars in Spain between the Moors and the Franks and then later the actual crusades in the (to three of our world's main religions) holy land.

The WFB version of course paints the 'old world' crusaders in a better light than history paints most of the real world ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts