Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what kind of list would be good for crushing empire. I wish to create a list that will run down the empire mercilessly. I would also like to know what tactics would get the job done. I have played the empire before and lost (the empire player was doing some underhanded things *cough cough, cheating, premeasuring cannon guesses) so i would like to show him what real general can do next time we play.

·
361 Posts
Agaisnt a good empire player? Probably nothing! With fast cav toating amazing anti knight missle fire , cannons, and all around cheaper knights with nearly equal saves its hard to say. Your biggest edge, truth be told, lies in peasents. Yours dont panic knights and his do. Try and flood him with big ranks of inexpensive footman and such and just hope its enough in the long run.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your best bet for victory is to open the rule book to page 273, show him the upper left corner entry, then beat him to death with the book.

Other then that, I'd say your best option is, gasp, combined arms! Longbowmen providing fire support for men-at-arms lead by a unit of knights (for the leadership) while knights attack the flanks. By presenting your opponent with many targets, he has 2 choices, focus fire (leaving unscathed units, but hopefully causing panic tests), or splitting his fire (hoping that your diminished numbers will allow his line to hold). Then use your men-at-arms to draw out his detachements and use the knights to smash them. Assuming your army isn't shot to hell, you should win. If it is, well, thems the breaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts