Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps

I'm traditionally not so good with technical conversions (i sucks major at it) so I stick to simple stuff.
I was thinking of doing a conversion on the baordside to make it more anti-personel by having twin shoulder mounted burst cannons (the ones from the hammerhead etc) instead of the twin rail guns and twin flamers where the missile pods should be.

would it be possible to use in battle and if so would I need to make any stat changes to account for not having the original weapons?

and yes I know it's a major downgrade from it's usuall weapons

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
If the codex doesn't include the points cost for those weapons, you wouldn't be able to use them in battle. You can always come up with the costs yourself, but you'd need permission from your opponent to field it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well there is no difference in stats for the burst cannons on the hammerhead or the batttlesuit the only difference is points

on a battlesuit the points are 8 for one or 12 for twin linked

were as the point for them on a hammerhead are 10 for the pair, but aren't counted as twinlinked

i was thinking i could use the hammerhead vesion of the burst cannons and have them count as twinlinked like the rail guns are. but lower the accuracy as the spinning of the barrels would make it a little hard struck for balance

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
Usually, conversions will still follow the normal rules for the unit. They just look better than the standard model. What you are talking about is changing the codex to include options that are not currently available. Those are house rules and will always require opponent consent. You can still go ahead and do it (and I would use the cost of guns from the battlesuit armory), but you will not be able to play the model in tournaments and some pick-up games (depending on the player you meet).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts