Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I store my paints and brushes in my closet where there is no extreme change in temperature or humidity. I kindas just throw them in a box but ive had the original paints from the starter paint set I bought a year ago and they are all still fine, I just add water now and then so they don't dry out or turn into a big glob. But I hate the stupid pots the paints come in, i get blisters sometimes trying to open the damn things, I usually have to resort to a cresent wrench and some plyers.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I haven't got any special way I store the paint...
I just keep em all in a small carrying case I made a few years ago.
They tend to dry out once in a while, but as my hockey crazed friend abouve me here does, I to just add some water once in a while to help them from drying up...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally posted by Canuckle_head@Jun 26 2003, 18:56
But I hate the stupid pots the paints come in, i get blisters sometimes trying to open the damn things, I usually have to resort to a cresent wrench and some plyers.
Yeah I know what thats like. I especially like it when youve been trying to open it for a few minutes, then it unexpectanly does finally open, and you get rewarded with paint all over your desk. :angry:

After this happened a few times, I allways make sure that the thread on the inside of the lid is clean of paint before I put it back on.

As for my brushes, been using the same ones for a few years now, havent taken care of them in the slightest. They still work fine.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Your refering to the twist off top pots now, right?
Haven't GW made new pots now, with flip top?
Hopefully these will be better.

About the "impossible to open twist top pots" I just say, use your teeth for christ sake!

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Mr øllebrød I could do with some Chaos Black with a hint of flesh wash for breakfast. Hehe j/k

Aye I think the new flip tops are out this month, or next, as well as those 6 new colours.

So my paints, should I keep them in my drawer or something? As yesterday it only just stuck me that for at least an hour a day (Assuming that its sunny) They are in sunlight.

Cheers
Toastee

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I don't eat the bloody paint!
I just twist the top enouhg so I can open the rest by hand...

Besides using pliers or other thing to open them just destoys them...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yah those twist tops are annoying... in fact my skull white got stuck really bad I spent over a half hour twisting it, in the end I just broke the jar, a side went clean off, and paint went all over me... im glad I wear old shirts when I paint too, and none got on my pants, as that would be intresting to explain.... "I WAS PAINTING!"

·
Registered
346 Posts
Trying to shut the old poptops with one hand was a dangerous experience, come to think of it I should have just opened the bottle then poured it all over every available surface in the room, it would have saved me alot of time.

·
1,019 Posts
Sure i have some tricks.

Well once in a while, when the paint gets syrupi, i take a kind of dentist tool and clean out all the dried paint from the pot. And dump everything into the pot. Then i scoop all the paint from the lid and dump that into the pot too. Then i take abit of warm water (not too much, or it will be too thin) and put that in there.
Then i use a pencil which i removed the brush from to stir the mix until it is back to perfect (or near perfect). This works almost indefinately with all colors except metal colors, since the metal glimmer thingies thin so easily.

I store my brushes in the hole of my toilet paper roll (the one i use for painting :D )I stick the detail brush into the roll near the center so it sticks straight up.

I havent had much trouble with the twist tops. I just hope that the flip tops wont be stiff. I can imagine paint flying if you force open a paint top. :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just leave my paints and brushs on the desk i work on.If your paints get hard and chunky just add a bit of water and they'll be almost like new.be sure to get rid of any extra water otherwise it get totaly ****ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.