Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think that when/if a new codex gets released, Sisters should be reduced from BS4 to BS3? I would be willing to entertain the idea for Battle Sisters, Dominions, and Retributors (Celestians and Seraphim should remain BS4) as long as their base points cost is reduced. But what kind of reduction in points would that reduction in BS warrant? If you consider that a pure Sisters army does the majority of its damage in the shooting phase, I think nothing short of a 2 - 3 point reduction would do the trick. In fact, I believe that while Sisters are certainly not overcosted as they are, they should be 10 points with current stats (Seraphim should be 18-19), just to reflect overall codex creep. But anyways, what would you guys think about 9 point BS3 Battle Sisters?

In particular, take this common squad into account: (remember that Sisters are BS3, cost 9 points, and the Rhino is 35 points with free smoke -- everything else being equal to current codex)

10 Battle Sisters
Meltagun, Heavy Flamer
Vet w/ Book of St. Lucius
Rhino
=166

That points reduction looks pretty good to me, even if their bolters and meltas are hitting on 4+. So what do you like? More expensive BS4 or less expensive BS3?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I reckon the sisters are pretty good as they are. They are supposed to be somewhere between Space Marines and Imperial Guard in terms of abilities and equipment, and don't forget the acts of faith. I don't think they should change at all really. A boost to WS4 might be good, or possibly keep their current stat line and go down by a point or two (that seems to be whats happening most often these days).

·
464 Posts
I like sisters as they are...they are the only thing in the whole damn codex that seems to work. If anything the Arbites need a point reduction and they need to get shotguns that are S4 instead of S3. the Codex needs a overhaul like no other (short of Necrons, then Tau, and lastly DE...But we wont do there) Sister have a good thing going for them and I see them at the vary least of being pretty high in the tier two category. I actually am warming up to their role as a ally army; i just think that their allies should be extended to Tau, more guard, and SM with Sororitas.

·
3,395 Posts
So what do you like? More expensive BS4 or less expensive BS3?
BS3 sisters would not be nice, i'd rather pay the points.

Codex creep for marines and marine-like units is not represented by a reduction in the price of the basic unit itself, but rather the reduction of various upgrade costs and the introduction of freebies for squads (i.e. the SMs free missile launcher and flamer, or the puppy's two meltaguns for 5 points).

If sisters got a free vet and paid 5 points for two special weapons then the squad you listed would cost only 150 points (155 with the book)

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
Yeah, I think the girls are just fine the way they are.

I don't vote for any chances... The T3 really hurts sometimes.. but I don't think they should be changed...

oh well

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
BS3 would bring them closer to just being Imperial Guard in power armour, and would defeat the purpose. Since when were Storm Troopers more accurate than Sisters of Battle? Keep them BS4, I agree with the others, though I don't agree with WS4; they don't seem to be as heavily trained in close combat as, say, Space Marines but instead their focus is close range firefights. Keep them as-is.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yea, there's no way Storm Troopers go through more training then Sisters. Also, the only units that should get WS4 already have it because that's what they're trained for, though I think Cannonesses should be WS5.

I agree with A.T. in that our upgrades should be cheaper, but everything else if fine.

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
Does anyone else remember when they actually were BS3 or have I just been playing this game too long?

When Witchhunters came out their point cost went up by 1 and they gained a point of BS. I doubt GW is going back on this change.

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Adepta Sororitas units are by and large fine as they are...it's the Ordo Hereticus units, like Inquisitors, Assassins, Arco-flagellants, Penitent Engines, etc. that need to change. Seeing multiple viable builds for the Inquisitors that reflect more of their godly fluff in gameplay would be amazing.

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
Cannoness should go up to WS5 and I5
I'd agree with WS5 but not with I5. Remember we're talking about minimally augmented humans here.
It's the vehicle and Inq stuff that needs an overhaul. Sisters are fine as is.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
There was a time when sisters were BS3 - this lead to them taking so many flamers to cover the fact that the bolters wouldn't hit for jack that it actually was too powerfull.

WS5 is very important for a cannoness - it enables her to smush tactical squads with a blessed weapon easily, but outside of faith she won't stand upto any marine/eldar HQ.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Happy new year everyone- glad to be back from my internet free visit with family.

I too like the sisters exactly as they are, but I agree with everyone in terms of the Ordo Hereticus units.

ZMB mentioned upgrading Arbites; three cheers to that! The way I'd like to see them do this is bring back the executioner shell as a unit upgrade; first off, it was a nice piece of fluff that made the Adeptus Arbites unique and gave them character. Second, it would return the shotgun to its former status as a utility weapon because you could choose to fire normal shots under the current profile or fire a single s4 executioner round instead.

Dawnrunner mentioned seeing builds that harkened back to the Holy aspect of the inquisition- I'd like to see them bring back the distinction between confessors, missionaries and priests. I hate having to spend a full 40pts + equipment to field a priest just so that I can take arcoflagellants and penitent engines, which themselves are a pretty big point sink. A little 10 point priest with only 1 wound and no special rules would serve that purpose, and if you did want the added punch, you could choose to go with the full blown confessor or missionary instead. Last but not least, the chapter approved zealots from White Dwarf 292 need to be put into the codex.

In terms of improving existing units, I'd say drop the points on repentia significantly. For arcoflagellants, I think the biggest complaint is that they kill themselves. What I would do is keep the rule where they kill themselves in combat (after they resolve their attacks), but lose the rule where they kill themselves moving- that way you keep the flavour, without crippling the unit quite as badly. Finally, where penitent engines need improvement, I suspect, is just make a box set of 3 plastic models for the same price as a box of sentinels- that way people can field them in numbers and overcome their poor survivability.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Personally, I don't think Arco's should kill themselves at all and should be allowed to take a transport if their stims have not been popped. I mean, the rules contradict the fluff. Fluff says they're kept docile until the command is given and rules say they should kill everything on board whatever transport they're in.

Penitent Engines should be Monsterous Creatures IMO. Look at Karamozov, he's a dude sitting on a giant chair, but going by PE logic he should be an Open Topped walker as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I definitely agree on the transport issue; as for the not killing themselves at all part, I can see the gaming advantage to that (obviously), but I think it would overpower the unit and lose the sense of frenzied electro flails spitting cascades of sparks. I mean, don't get me wrong, if GW did make them absolutely harmless to themselves, I wouldn't complain- I'd just make sure 18 of them came to every game I played. And so would everybody else.

Monstrous creatures is an elegant solution to the penitent engine problem- I hadn't thought of that one before. Of coarse, I'd still like a cheap box of three plastic ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.