Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right Just started a Black Templars army this very day and made a good start on it. Currently we have (built) as follows...

HQ-Emp Champ-AAC- 140

Troops- 7 Initiates/3 Neophytes- BP/CCW-Melta/PF-225pts
Rhino- Smoke/EA

Troops- 7 Initiates/3 Neophytes- BP/CCW-Melta/PF-167pts

Elites- 5 Assault Terminators- 4LC/ 1TH/SS-FC - 215pts

...as a starter 750 point force.

Yes i know termies on foot is bad but as most games i play are 1.5k and upward i will hardly use this list.

The next plan is to get 2 LRC'ers and kit out the termies with a couple more guys to fully mobilise and push it towards a 1.5k list. From there i'm not sure where i want / should head.

I have the battleforce box because i wanted to make sure i hade enough CCW's to kit out all the initiates but it seems that i have enough left over to make up the assault squad. Would this be worth it? Never used them before but it seems like an expensive way to move pretty standard troops at the same speed as the transports.

I guess in my mind i'm looking at two options that i feel i 'should' do next. Cusader squad with bolters in a Rhino to just go and park at objectives and something heavy like vindicators or predators to provide a heavy backbone.

Anyone got any suggestions to aid my rapid spending spree?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess in my mind i'm looking at two options that i feel i 'should' do next. Cusader squad with bolters in a Rhino to just go and park at objectives and something heavy like vindicators or predators to provide a heavy backbone. (This is a good idea, but make sure there is a missle launcher and a plasma gun in the squad. I use a razorback with tlhb or tllc and six man squad to hold objectives. Just a thought)

Anyone got any suggestions to aid my rapid spending spree?[/QUOTE] (I would look to add land speeders, more troops with neophytes, a chaplain, maybe a dreadnought, and I like jump pack assault squads, but it all depends on where you want to go with your army- mech or footslog?)

For higher points costs, I would consider adding a predator or two, as you normally see a lot of mech-based armies these days and the higher points you play, the more shooty things you will face against. Also, the more tanks and vehicles you can add, the more your opponent has to figure out which one to destroy first, allowing your troops enough time to get into cc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.