Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
BT call these Initiates. Look at page 23 of your Armageddon codex. If you notice they are cheaper if you do not take them as Assault but as troops in with other marines.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh????????

Initiates are in a standard BT squad which can include Neophytes.

Assault squad Initiates still cost 25 points with a Jump Pack.

Can Assault squad Initiates remove their Jump Packs like vanilla SM Assault Squads? :blink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually you caught me in a misunderstanding. You can't have Assualts without jumpacks. On the other hand you can just have a squad of Initiates. You were correct. So the answer is No to Assulat squad with no jumpacks according to the rules given in Marine codex and Codex Armegeddon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
this is actually an interesting question.

Strictly speaking no, u cannot have BT assault marines without jumpacks, unlike other armies.
However, in a battle report wayyyyyy back, the opponent consented to black templars taking assault marines without jump packs (it was a 'cleanse the hulk deal')

Personally, if you could ditch the jump packs from them and give them a rhino i would get as many as i could (they work out as being more effective than basic troops)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there really any difference between an BT initiate and a BT assault initiate without a jump pack?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Only that you can take an extra special CC weapon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts