Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently fell into some imperial guard but i need to buy a few more things to finish it.

here is my list that ive made so far (basic theme off of guys in a desert, drop troops represent ambush)

Storm troopers, special weapon squads, rough riders, drop troops, close order drill

Command platoon – 250
Junior officer (honorifica imperialis)
Guardsmen, mastervox, mortar
Special weapon squad, 2 melta, 1 demo pac
Special weapon squad, 2 melta, 1 demo pac

Hardened vets – 80
5 men, 3 melta

Storm troopers – 102
7 men
deep strike
2 plasma guns
vox

Storm troopers – 102
7 men
deep strike
2 plasma guns
vox

Infantry platoon – 375
Junior officer, vox, mortar
4 squads, vox, missile

infantry platoon – 355
junior officer, vox, mortar
2 squads, vox, plasma gun
2 squads, vox, melta gun

rough riders – 93
8 riders, hunting lance

sentinels – 90
2 sentinels, multi lasers

sentinels – 90
2 sentinels, lascannon, m-laser

basilisk – 125
indirect fire

leman russ – 163
heavy bolters all around, armor, smoke

leman russ – 163
heavy bolters all around, armor, smoke

basic plan is to keep the commanders in back with the missile launchers and tanks firing, send the fast attack up one flank and have the rest deep strike and cause as much damage/distraction as possible.

my only fear is if i cant deep strike.

suggestions?

·
4,967 Posts
One thing to note is that a veteran seargent is mandatory in hardened vet squads.

Recommend a standard bearer in the HQ.

The rest looks fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd also recommend moving 1 of the sentinels into the HQ. You'll have a squadron of 2, a squadron of 1, and a squadron of 1. The reason behind this is that when they're in a squadron, an enemy squad can take out both in one shooting. If they're separate, they can't. No more points cost, but a bit better survivability.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'd also recommend moving 1 of the sentinels into the HQ. You'll have a squadron of 2, a squadron of 1, and a squadron of 1. The reason behind this is that when they're in a squadron, an enemy squad can take out both in one shooting. If they're separate, they can't. No more points cost, but a bit better survivability.
Agreed. And you should probably keep the Lascannon sentinel in Fast Attack. Generally you want to deploy those guys last so you can position them according to your target priority

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.