Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been away from the game awhile and put together a 2000pts list. I wanted to know what some of you think?

2000 Pts - Codex: Space Marines Roster

HQ
1 Space Marine Captain in Power Armour, 145 pts (Infantry (Character); Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Iron Halo; Melta Bombs; Artificer Armour; Combi-Plasmagun x1; Power Sword x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics; Independent Character; Warlord; Strategic Genius)

1 Command Squad, 235 pts ((C:SM, pg. 55 & 132); Automatic Unit Type; Company Standard; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)
1 Apothecary (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Narthecium; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword)
1 Company Champion (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Combat Shield; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Power Sword)
1 Veteran (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Boltgun)
1 Razorback (6 model capacity; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter; Twin-Linked Lascannon)

1 Space Marine Chaplain in Power Armour, 120 pts (Jump Units (Character); Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Rosarius; Melta Bombs; Jump Pack; Bolt Pistol; Crozius Arcanum; Combat Tactics; Fearless; Honour of the Chapter; Independent Character; Liturgies of Battle)

Troops
9 Tactical Squad, 250 pts ((C:SM, pg. 59 & 134); Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Boltgun x7; Flamer; Lascannon; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Chainsword x1; Plasma Pistol x1)
1 Rhino (10 model capacity; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dozer Blade; Hunter-killer Missile; Storm Bolter; Repair)

9 Tactical Squad, 210 pts ((C:SM, pg. 59 & 134); Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Boltgun x7; Flamer; Heavy Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword x1)
1 Rhino (10 model capacity; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter; Repair)

5 Scout Squad, 111 pts ((C:SM, pg. 66 & 134); Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Camo Cloaks; Bolt Pistol x5; Sniper Rifle x5; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics; Infiltrate; Move Through Cover; Scout)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Camo Cloaks; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Sniper Rifle)

Fast Attack
1 Vanguard Veteran Squad, 255 pts ((C:SM, pg. 62 & 139); Jump Units; Equip with Jump Packs; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics; Heroic Intervention)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Relic Blade)
1 Veteran (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword)
1 Veteran (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Bolt Pistol; Power Sword x1)
1 Veteran (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Plasma Pistol x1; Power Sword x1)
1 Veteran (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Jump Pack; Chainsword; Plasma Pistol x1)

2 Land Speeder Squadron, 160 pts ((C:SM, pg. 74 & 139); Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Heavy Bolter x1; Multi-melta x1; Assault Cannon x1; Heavy Flamer x1; Deep Strike)

Elites
1 Dreadnought, 115 pts ((C:SM, pg. 65 & 137); Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter; Assault Cannon)
1 Dreadnought, 130 pts ((C:SM, pg. 65 & 137); Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter; Plasma Cannon)

Heavy
1 Predator, 180 pts ((C:SM, pg. 78 & 143); Vehicle (Tank); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Twin-Linked Lascannon; Lascannon (each side))
1 Predator, 85 pts ((C:SM, pg. 78 & 143); Vehicle (Tank); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))

Total Roster Cost: 1996

·
Registered
802 Posts
quite like the list though for your captan would get terminator armour and the command squad would be swapped out for terminators with storm shield and thunder hammer and with the tac sqauds one squad would ahve a multi melta and the rhinos would be swapped for razorbacks.

i like the dreads but i do believe that a multi melta dread is very good as for land speeders the missle launcher and heavy bolter is very good weight of fire kills a lot, i would like to say keep the chaplin but i think a librarian.

just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
There's no need to post standard-issue equipment. We know that Marines have power armor and bolters, and if there's a meltabomb in a Tactical squad that it'll belong to the sergeant. It makes the list more readable.

Looks like a decent mechanized list. I especially like your pairing of transports with Dreadnoughts-- it's a very effective combination in my opinion. (Consider giving them heavy flamers. They are great for counter-charging.) Some thoughts:

The Chaplain doesn't seem to have a place. Units are fearless while mounted and he'll have trouble pulling off a charge from a Rhino/Razor. You might switch the Vanguard squad for a regular Assault Squad and attach him to that. Having extra bodies is as good as fancy equipment for a close combat squad, in my opinion, and there isn't much to be gained from giving five Marines five different loadouts. Let the enemy come to you, and then charge them with the Assault Squad after the Tacticals shoot 'em up.

Have you considered using Sicarius instead of that Captain? He is almost identical and excellent with Tactical squad-heavy lists. A common tactic with him is to run Razorbacks with combat-squadded Tacticals, making use of his Rites of Battle.

If you decide not to do much combat-squadding then I recommend using powerfists. Their versatility is an essential part of the Tactical squad's legendary versatility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts