Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided to start an IG army and have a few questions.

I plan on buying two battle boxes. Besides that, what else will I need to fill the requirements of the orginizational chart?

From what I can see from the codex, I need to purchase three HQ units? One for the copmany and two for the troop platoons

Also, do only the flamethrower and grenade launcher special weapons come in the battlebox? Do you need to order the other two (melta and plasma) seperate?

Thanks

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
This really should go in the normal IG section, not army lists.

Anyways:
I plan on buying two battle boxes. Besides that, what else will I need to fill the requirements of the orginizational chart?
That depends on what you need. From the below quote, I assume that you're taking 2 normal platoons, so I would pick up one more box of regular Cadian Shock Troops, plus one blister of Cadian Officers [I know that this pack comes with only 2 officers, so: Take one of the tank commander heads from the vehicle accessory sprue that comes in the battleforce (the head with the cap), and stick it on a regular plastic Cadian; there's your 3rd officer.
Using these models, you can make your 3 command squads, plus you'll have 7 more models to spare.
Combined with the other battleforce stuff, this should get you:
-HQ command squad
-2 minium platoons
-6 heavy weapon teams - its up to you if you want to put these in your infantry and command squads or make them heavy weapon squads.
-2 Leman Russes
Assuming you give everything legal weapons configurations, then this would be a viable army.

From what I can see from the codex, I need to purchase three HQ units? One for the copmany and two for the troop platoons
No, only the one you designate as your Command Platoon unit is the one that counts as the HQ. GW just got lazy and put all of the Command Squad choices in the same entry.
If you actually meant "Do I have to buy 3 Cadian command squads?", then no, see my suggestion about the Shock Troop box and Officer blister.

Also, do only the flamethrower and grenade launcher special weapons come in the battlebox? Do you need to order the other two (melta and plasma) seperate?
Yes; you get the meltas and plasma from the Cadian Special Weapons blister pack.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cadian officer blister

I went onto the gamesworkshop page, and it doesnt list a cadian officer sprue as being available. The only two I see are the full cadian HQ with six figures and then the one that comes with a medic/standard bearer. Is that the one you were referring too?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Hmm.. Weird; I couldn't find it either. By the way, its just a blister; there is no officer sprue I can think of.

Anyways, the models can be found here. They're the last 3 under IG HQ (Cadian Officers with ________)
Games Workshop Online Store — Imperial Guard

They should (or at least used to, pretty recently) come in packs of 2. Whether the stores still carry these blisters or not, I'm not sure. You might be able to find them in the new catalog too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you have spare plastic guardsmen, you can use the chainsword/lpistols from the sprues to make up the command squads, and also if you've ever bought one of the tanks i think (i got one from somewhere) theres an IG head with a commanders cap on , which pretty much makes up the standard Junior Officer, and its free (pretty much)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.