Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Silver Floral Wire

I've found that the best thing to use is floral wire, you can find it in most craft stores. Get a long piece of wire, fold it in half, and with help from a friend or a vise, twist the wire on itself. Then just get a marker (a somewhat thick one) and wrap the twisted wire around that. Then just mount it on some balsa wood and a base and viola, you have barbed wire. Try checking the Great Britian Games Workshop site for a guide to barbed wire, there may be another guide, I think on fortifications that this is based on. Also check previous black gobbo issues, I seem to remember something there.

Also it was in a WD, I wanna say it was 310, it was talking about the dark crusade.

Good Hunting

EDIT: I found a link, try this:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/defence/1/

Nice article on fortifications.

·
907 Posts
i found that soldering wire wraped with 5 amp fuse wire works best the fuse wire adds strength to the soldering wire yet is still flexible enough to enable it to be wrapped around a circular handle.

now having actually built single strand defensive wire emplacements, the whole cross that is popularly used in wargames terrain is no-longer used instead 2 6 ft metal stakes are driven into the ground with about 8 inches left in addition to the wires height (and this is about waist height) and these stakes are driven through the wire coils and then the coil is secured to these by more wire. so if you are looking for realistic ones then a couple of kebab skewers cut into equal sections and spread out along your wire positions really do look like the real thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cheap barbed wire.

I have used drywall sand paper. It costs more than normal sandpaper, but for the purposes of making barbed wire, you can make alot. You just cut a strand the length of the sheet and you have a length of black barded wire. You can easily dry brush it any colour. *careful though, the sand bits can wreck brushes quickly so use cheap brushes. If you want rolled barbed wire, wrap the straight pieces around a pencil and they will hold there shape fairly well. Heres a pic of an easy wall that i had made...

www.voidgamers.com/images/data/photo/terrain/scifiterraingallery/GILGAMESH-barbed_wire.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts