Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it is possible to buy extra Crew members, or in the case of a Gobo Chariot extra Wolves, for a character mounted in a chariot.

I believe the answer is that you can NOT because it doesn't say you can in the Character's description and that is where you guy your mount. On the other hand it does say you can buy the respective things for a Chariot's in it's description. So while i think it's an outside chance it would be nice!!!

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I am not sure about the specific examples, but if it (like other new armybooks) says he may ride in a chariot bought from the appropriate section replacing one crew, you can still upgrade whatever you want!
I haven't got the O&G book right here, so someone will have to confirm this, but this is the rule as far as I know...

·
Registered
316 Posts
As I understand it: the unit you're buying is a character - meaning you may only take upgeades allowed to a character (in this case, a chariot). Extra crew is an upgrade allwed to a chariot (a different unit) and therefore not applicable.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I understand it: the unit you're buying is a character - meaning you may only take upgeades allowed to a character (in this case, a chariot). Extra crew is an upgrade allwed to a chariot (a different unit) and therefore not applicable.
After looking into it when I got home last night I agree with this interpretation. The wording is not that you are upgrading the char not making another selection from a different section and then placing the char there.

Oh well. It would have been nice!

·
Registered
77 Posts
extra crew / beasts for character mounted on chariot

no, you can't buy extra crew or beasts for a chariot a character is mounted on.

from the errata / faq:

Q. Are chariots for characters to ride bought as a special unit like in other army books?

A. No, they are bought and treated exactly like a monstrous mount. This also means that no options can be bought for these chariots (the options are only for the chariots bought as Special units), and that the victory points for the chariot are awarded separately from the character riding it, exactly like in the case of a Monstrous mount.

2nd page (faq), bottom right question...

http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/assets/wh/orcsandgoblins.pdf

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, you can't buy extra crew or beasts for a chariot a character is mounted on.

from the errata / faq:

Q. Are chariots for characters to ride bought as a special unit like in other army books?

A. No, they are bought and treated exactly like a monstrous mount. This also means that no options can be bought for these chariots (the options are only for the chariots bought as Special units), and that the victory points for the chariot are awarded separately from the character riding it, exactly like in the case of a Monstrous mount.

2nd page (faq), bottom right question...

http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/assets/wh/orcsandgoblins.pdf
can't get a better answer than that. Thanks!

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I think in one edition, you used to be able to buy extra wolves for and only for a wolf chariot. I know I've seen this somewhere. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.