Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I have $X.00, where X/100 is all that is needed to purchase GW PLC, I'm going to buy out Games Workshop.

From there I will run the macro of the company and within a matter of years, increase profits by up to 300%.

No this isn't a troll.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Even 51% wouldn't necessarily be needed. I highly doubt that any one person owns 49% of the company, so all you'd really need is an equal (or higher) number of market shares than the person or group with the highest percentage. Hell, it's entirely feasible that you could get a controlling interest with only 20 or 30%.

Lol, time to do a bit of research, eh?

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Um... good luck? Or wait! There's an organization in my sig that may share your ideals... yeah, the one about me crying like a schoolgirl.

If you do, and make this game 16+ agian. I will lick your boots and try to have your babies.
I perhaps could have done without that. But thanks for making sure anyway.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
ForthTheThunder:

I'm not going to lie - this kind of seems like trolling to me. While I'm inclined to close it, I'd rather see if you had a genuine point to all this. Do you feel this buyout of yours is an attainable goal? If so, do you have some special insight or idea that will help you accomplish this difficult task of increasing profits so drastically? And the 300% - is this just a number you decided on or is this based on an analysis of the market in general?

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
All right, let's say this isn't just some whim you've just had. How about I take your word for it and out of all the jobs you could have, you honestly want to run a miniatures company. What exactly is this thread for? Moral support, advice? If it is for moral support than go ahead I guess, get a business degree first. If it is for advice, I suggest you seriously look into a good backup plan.

·
Registered
301 Posts
nice plan pheonix - though we would have to keep it quiet or warseer might try and nab it from us!

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
I's amazing too how many companies running up to '87 ruined themselves by doing things like 'Increasing profit by 300%.' I guarantee you I could increase profit by 300% of most (currently in the black =) ) publicly traded companies in the world... for a couple of quarters... if you made me CEO.

Now see, if you were going to increase revenue by 300% while maintaining margins healthy for the oganisation, that would be something =).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ForthTheThunder:

I'm not going to lie - this kind of seems like trolling to me. While I'm inclined to close it, I'd rather see if you had a genuine point to all this. Do you feel this buyout of yours is an attainable goal? If so, do you have some special insight or idea that will help you accomplish this difficult task of increasing profits so drastically? And the 300% - is this just a number you decided on or is this based on an analysis of the market in general?

Profits=Revenue-Expense.

Oh it's a genuine agenda. Yes its definately an attainable goal. There are quite a few "special insights" that will increase profits "so drastically".

The 300% is an educated estimate.

Making $ out of something you like is always good. And naturally, I like to see something I like to flourish.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Anyone else thinking along the lines of...

What if we all chip in and buy out GW, make it owned by LO?? :D
Cool idea!

*empties pockets*

I've got... $12, a condom and some chewing gum! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.