Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt that the DE are gone. They did something like this in MechWarrior: Dark Age. The Spirit Cats (a faction) captured the homeworld of the Bannson's Raiders. (another faction) Anyway, it really wouldn't be fair to DE players.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
it wasnt fair to the squats players when they were taking out. so i dont think gw doesnt have a prob wiht taking away ana rmy that isnt makin money like de (since not alot of ppl play them) and focsing more on somethign that is like necrons (unfortunatley)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
4th edition?! We're still on 3rd here man!! Where did you here about 4th edition already?!
Hey join the club man!
You haven't heard of 4th edition yet?
It's supposed to be out some time in the early months of 2004.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Yeah, 4th is coming soon. They can't seem to make up their minds what kind of game they want people to be playing. In one edition they'll say "It's too character driven" and in the next they'll say "It's too assault driven". I bet when they start making the 5th edition book they'll be saying "It's just too shooty now". <_<

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Can't wait till 4th ed personally. If they're going to tone down assault officially, or beef up shooting a bit, I'm going to have a lot of fun with my Iron Warriors. And I'm up for a challenge with my Wych Cult in the making (and my WE, and FE if they're ever completed... :unsure: ), which should be quite interesting.

·
Registered
178 Posts
well as for poor squat players they were dying in 2nd.. think they would have figured it out when no new models were made for like 6 years.... they wont axe dark eldar in one ed...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Woah! I thought I posted this...but I did it in the Dark Eldar forum. Then when I went to go check what people said it was gone. I said to myself, "Self, did you post that or were you a bit sloshed?" I guess it got moved!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ouch... If that happens, the Dark Eldar will be in a whole world of hurt. Wonder is the dragon is trapped within his necrodermis still, or has he escaped to use his full power?

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Dragon is still in his necrodermis just like all of the other C'tan. Its an encasing. If they don't have it they have no physical form, they jsut become a big ball of light!! :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
Actually the Outsider model hasn't even been released yet and is still a new idea. The Outsider is one of the last four Necron gods known as the C'tan.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah, but in c'tan ball of light form, they go around snacking on stars. Im sure that that requires more than the strength 10 that nightbringer has. (is it strength 10, I don't have the codex?)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, you would think that the Dragon would be a big machine, because in the fluff it says that it gets techpreists sacreficed to it. It would need a way to control its power or else reduce its dinner to ashes.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I feel stupid, but who were the squat?

·
Registered
664 Posts
just what they sound, space dwarfs....... GW now denies their existence, but they axed them in 2nd edition.....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, since the C'tan don't technically "eat" their prey the Dragon wouldn't have to worry about reducing them to ashes. The view I have on it is that the Dragon is a long-dormant, sedentary C'tan that doles out ancient technology from the age of the Necrontyr in exchange for worship and sacrifice. That is the Machine God, the source of most of the Adeptus Mechanicus's, and consequently the Imperium's, technology. A frightening thought...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey i heard about the new assault rules last year I tested them and my army sucked big time. (no wonder with my world eater army). :p Which is why I am adding some firepower in to the army.
I also heard from a friend of mine, that DE are going to live longer, with the dark city destroyed they with gather wherever they can and loot whatever they can. :ph34r:

·
Registered
17 Posts
what else do you expect from the DE, there is no govornment, it is a collection of organized crime, drugies, sado-masochist doctors, biker gangs, and zombies all with pointy ears. they dont need a home world. they will just take someone else's.
*cue web-way portal, out pop the DE...*
"you have mail."

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.