Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
what like parachuters? i was considering that at one point, my idea featured their parachutes hanging from their backs down on the ground behind them (made out of either paper or some kind of fabric, with fishing line or electrical wire used as the ropes), and even having some still falling, with something tougher used as rope to hold the parachutes up and open.. though this seemed a bit flimsy to me so i abandoned it, perhaps using jump packs on them from space marines? or if you ever read comic books (cmon who hasnt) their was a character who use to glide around (he was lame as a character/storyline, but his method wasnt to bad) using an elasticy fabric between his arm and chest that acted like a parachute, breaking his descent.. iv done a VERY rough sketch to try to show u what i mean, i think this idea would probably be most effective modelling wise (short of jump packs) as you could do them still free falling as well as fighting on the ground..
id also consider giving them breathing masks seeing as theyd be falling from big heights, and limiting their 'accessories'.. anywho i hope thats what u mean by drop troops.. my IG jargon is pretty limited.. which is somewhat embarassing seeing as its what i collect :wacko:
anywho heres my idea in picture

EDIT: sorry forgot to mention, the design above is VERY rough, so if your interested in it tell me and ill draw you a better picture..

·
Registered
93 Posts
You couls make the grav chutes using smaller back packs and the vent nozzels from the SM packs. But in truth, "drop troops" as a term is a method of delivery - not necessarily that the troop themselves fly - eg. In the movie "We Were Soldiers" (w/ Mel Gibson), the 1rst Cav Div (?) was "dropped in" using the Huey Helicopters. If you wanted to, you could say that the trroops were dropped in by Valkarie or other IG Ariel Transport. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts