Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy, I'm back from a fairly long holiday to Amercia, anyway I finally got the Vampire Counts Codex and its great. I've decided to just bu all the vampire counts models and use the them as I see fit, but my main focous will still be Von Carstiens, but since I've finished them I've started thinking about the other bloodlines, mainly Blood Dragons at the moment, and I want to make Caleb, the Vampire in the Blood Dragon story who cains a Questing Knight but spares him for a more fair battle (Ouch..My pride says Lambert lol) Anyway the model I'll use wil obviously be the two Blood Dragons without helmets.
Now heres were the conversion starts; i donts know what sword I should give him or leave him with the two hand weapons and his horse, the Blood Dragon horses head doesn't look like it and I dont know what head I should use, and finally his shield, should I just get a normal BD one or a Brettonian one with a Fleur de lys on it and do a little conversion. Anyway sorry about the rant, but your help would be apprieciated. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
mmmm is there a picture available of the character your trying to make? or are you making him completely of your own design? im afraid to say im not to familiar with the story..

if you are indeed making him from scratch i'd suggest working with a plastic figure opposed to converting one of the actual blood dragon blisters, as with a blister you'll be limited on what you can do to him. If you want him to really stand out, id make him from a range of pieces, such as using a bretonnian knight as the base, and adorning him with more vampiristic symbols using either green stuff or bits from chaos; as i cant find any plastic vampire regiments. As far as a head goes id recommend something like the helmetless Eldar Guardian head, helmless dark elf head or even a helmless Bretonnian head, as providing you use a color scheme to reflect his vampireness (pale skin, dark hair etc) i dont think itll matter that it doesnt have the appropriate teeth, besides the heads iv listed have their mouths closed anyway ;)

sorry if these ideas are useless, like iv said i dont know of the story, and figured from the sounds of it any help would be of value.. if you have a picture or know of a link to somewhere i can see a picture or read of the character, post it up and ill have a look and see if i can give any better help

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah, I'm using the Blood Dragon model with no helmet as the base and I just wanted to know how to convert the horse to look like the one in the pic. Btw there is a pic in the codex and I'm pretty sure thats it, not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts