Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something that arose last game. I play wood elves and cast Call of the Hunt on a unit allowing it to "move as quickly as possible towards the nearest enemy unit it can see. If it contacts the unit it counts as charging"-or something close to this.
Now is the move toward the unit counted as a charge and therefore allowed only one wheel etc, or is it a move that follows the normal movement rules?

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
You just move directly towards the enemy unit, no wheel. As your not declaring a charge you don't get to use it.

When you contact, you still get to "align" your unit to theirs.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Surely if moving directly at the nearest enemy requires a wheel then you will have to wheel? Although I agree with the above, you wont get any voluntary maneuvering from the spell.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
I'd say as long as you are moving 'towards' the enmy, do what you like. If a wheel is required to do this, because they are at an 88 degree angle, so you can just see them, then you'de have to wheel.

It's a little oddball this one. Normaly you'de be facing you're target preparing for a magic charge anyway, so wheeling isn't needed, or desired as it reduces the 2d6 roll a little. If they flee, you want to best chace to catch em.

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of a situation where fast cav are magically moved between two of your units and use their free reform to 'squeeze' through the gap then reform again before they hit. Legal?

·
2,244 Posts
As long as they are always moving 'towards' the enemy, I think that's fine.
Wouldn't they be moving past the nearest enemy and then away though.

The way I see it they move as far as they can (the roll) directly towards the enemy, without reforms etc. Do what you like with your regular move, but please don't roll 8 and dance 8" to the flank of a unit but an inch closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.