Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In paragraph "Smoke Launchers" on page 98 of the Rulebook there is nothing about assaulting after using Smoke Launchers. Units cannot shoot or run, because using SLs substitutes for a shooting attack. But if they cannot shoot or run, does it mean that they cannot Charge as well?
***THE QUESTION***
Can a Walker (for example Dreadnought) assault after using SLs? If the charge failed (charge range was too short and the model didn't move into melee combat), would the walker still have a 5+ Cover save?
Feels cheap and cheesy, I know, but do the rules allow this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nothing I see prevents the charge. And only the end of the enemy's shooting phase ends the Cover bonus.

It does not seem cheesy at all.

Forge the narrative: It wanted to make the charge, but because the battle field conditions were not right for it to make it into the fight, it stayed in the smoke cloud.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Walkers, as Vehicles, have the Relentless rule. Page 71. As Smoke Launchers are shooting attacks, a Walker can then charge after firing them.

However, you don't get the Cover Save against melee attacks, only shooting attacks. So if you fail the charge you still get it, but if you make it you don't.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Conversely, if you manage to kill everything on the charge, you would then technically still get the cover save in your opponents shooting phase (since you are no longer in combat).

(Interestingly enough, I don't think I have ever done this in 10+ years. Huh. I usually end up forgetting about vehicle upgrades somewhere between deployment and turn 1).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts