Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m currently working on a feral Ork army and I’m finding it difficult to fit a Nob squad in; Nobs both on foot and bikers seem too expensive and meganobs though the best choice are out of the question due to being the most techy unit in the codex next to meks as it would clash with the theme. Anything else is okay.

But can Ork armies be competitive without a including 1 or 2 Nob squads?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Among other armies then I'm an ork player and I think that it can, easily.
A small unit of nobs without upgrades is worth around 100 pts, Correct?
However, for 100 points then you could get lots of ork boyz, which personally, I think are more effective.
Having too many nobs is just putting too many eggs in one basket.

·
1,053 Posts
Yeah you can be competitive without Nobs. My Nobs cost a lot of points, so most of the time I can take killa kans and a deff dread in their place. It's less for numbers but 3 Killa Kans and a deff dread is way better.

·
357 Posts
Generally if you want to run competitive Nobz its either on bikes or mega-nobz w/ transport. Both are really expensive points wise, Nob bikers that i have seen are slightly more effective but depending on how you equip them they can get even more expensive. Nobz on foot are really slow and vulnerable with lack of armor and small unit size.

But as for the actual question. Yes, because right now my regular army doesn't run nobz and I have alot more wins than loses. (Since getting them a year and a half ago, I have only lost once with them and had like 4 ties, But I only play the same 3 armies/people every time, as I don't go to the store often because it is rather far from my house. But they are mech CSM, mech SM and horde Guard)

·
609 Posts
Nobs are, most often for many players (maybe not the people here) point sinks. They use nobs to fill points so they don't have to buy more models.

Kans, rockit buggies, ect, are often times better choices, but they are far more costly in terms of money.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Nobz, Meganobz and Nob bikers are very popular, but they're not necessary to be competitive. However, if you don't have them, then I'd include a lot of shooting in your army. If you're not using nobz of some sort, then you're probably going to be a bit lacking in close combat power. Slugga boyz and killa kans can add a good amount of power, but the 'super' close combat units in enemy armies will probably have to be brought down in shooting, since you won't have the close combat power of the nobz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts