1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,..
im new in tyranids,

i got a question,..

if a carnifex is used.. can it actually climb on buildings?..
for example: using the city of death building,.. can a carnifex actually be at the first an second floor
considering the figure is too big to fit inside.

thanks!

·
663 Posts
If you can have the Model fit their then he can. I have done it before and never saw a rule that saye that MC are anydiffrent then normal infantrey in Cities of death. I'd double cheak the rule book as i don't own a copy.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
Eh, he'd have to fit, but you could give him flesh hooks for a point and just have him climb right on top.

In fact, with flesh hooks it'd almost fer sure be possible in some fashion, since something he wouldn't normally be able to get into / pass through would become difficult instead ... but as stated you would still have to find a way to fit his model. They aren't allowed to displace terrain.

·
709 Posts
The term I've heard at my store is called "King Kong"-ing it. Yes, a Carnifex can climb a building. In addition, so can defilers, dreadnaughts and technically tanks, so long as the fit. The defiler is particularly interesting to see because its spider-like legs give it some creative positions.

You could alwasy discuss with your opponent before game though about maybe doing something like agreeing certain structures are inaccessible by any model above size 1, etc.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
Please note that in Cityfight, walkers cannot climb building walls unless they own an attachment that allows them to treat impassable terrain as difficult (like the Carnifex flesh hooks biomorph). Walkers can still enter a building through a suitable door / hole in the wall, and then rise floors as normal, again presuming they can rest on them.

This is an important addendum to what was just said - sheer rock walls, for instance, are impassable ... walkers can't walk right up on 'em, and in cityfight you do need an entry point I'm fairly certain (again unless you can climb impassable terrain).

·
815 Posts
Flesh hooks for the win!

The metal carnifex from the previous edition has no trouble what-so-ever with fitting into a second floor space. I measured it last-night and it's height is about that of a warrior.

I was thinking about the rumored targeting rules for the next edition. One version has it that you can only shoot something you can see from a model P.O.V. The old carnifex could hide behind a few warriors. 8X

Granted that's still overruled by the "monstrous" rule, but it was a funny thought.

·
LO Zealot
1,330 Posts
Please note that in Cityfight, walkers cannot climb building walls unless they own an attachment that allows them to treat impassable terrain as difficult (like the Carnifex flesh hooks biomorph). Walkers can still enter a building through a suitable door / hole in the wall, and then rise floors as normal, again presuming they can rest on them.

This is an important addendum to what was just said - sheer rock walls, for instance, are impassable ... walkers can't walk right up on 'em, and in cityfight you do need an entry point I'm fairly certain (again unless you can climb impassable terrain).
Where does it say that the outside of the wall of a building is impassable terrain? I was under the impression that the walls/windows/doors in city fight don't matter. A building is a kind of "volume" area terrain. In other words, doors and windows are decorations and models can pass through walls.

I can understand not stopping at middle floors (do the can't displace terrain concept), but if the building is 2 stories tall and you roll a 6 on your difficult terrain roll you should be able to go immediately to the top floor (move in 6" and up 6"), whether you're a walker or a MC.

I don't have my CoD book with me at the moment, but I can try and verify this later in the evening.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
I sometimes get these types of rules messed up, b/c when I started playing it was w/ a gaming group that did not treat buildings as area terrain. I'm sure the clarification from your CoD book will clear things up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys... your suggestions really helps me out... i was really confused :?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and one more thing... if its just a normal game... not the CoD rules... does the same thing apply?.. :happy:

thanks again :drinking:

·
LO Zealot
1,330 Posts
and one more thing... if its just a normal game... not the CoD rules... does the same thing apply?.. :happy:

thanks again :drinking:
Uh, it's just not covered in the BGB rules as far as I know. So you'll have to agree on a rule set ahead of time. At our gaming club we treat all buildings as if they were CoD buildings so I never keep the distinction in mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts