Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFAIU the Codex, Khorne Terminators can use any equipment allowed to them by Army List except psychic gifts, and Khorne wargear marked with an asterisk as well.
They also are gifted with Blood frenzy (except that part about Sweeping Advance).

What if they shoot their Reaper autocannons?
a) They can't assault this turn (as vanilla rules specify)
b) They still must assault this turn
c) They can't shoot them at all, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

I think a) is the correct option, with the exception of successfully rolling for Blood Frenzy special move. Then it's c).

Am I right?

If I am, does that mean that World Eaters have a nice anti-vehicle option that can be deep-struck and can be controlled two-thirds of the time?

· Registered
815 Posts
Terminaters count as stationary. They can shoot heavy weapons and assault in the same turn.

· Registered
598 Posts
onodera said:
Damn, you're right. Then they'll have to assault if they can. No one can endure the surge of Blood Frenzy, then.
blood frenzy makes you lose your shot, and you move d6" towards the nearest enemy, so if you get blood frenzy you can't shoot anyway.

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant Blood Frenzy as the whole effect caused by MoK: fearlessness, compulsory charge, probability to run towards the enemy instead of shooting and other stuff.
Of course, if you fail (or win, if it's your meelee troops :)) your blood frenzy roll, you can't shoot.

· Registered
282 Posts
It can be seen this way:

5 man termie squad w/ mok and 1 reaper autocannon are running along after punny guard. The termies feel they need the blood so badly (rolling a 1) that they forget that bullets may also cause blood to fly along with their chainswords.

Hope this clears a little bit up.

· Festo Diata
962 Posts
So, they forego the chance to spill blood from afar, and drool on daydreams of skulls and all that.. :D

Not exactly. Terminators are immune to the effect of Blood Frenzy extra movement. If it's not in your codex, you probably have the old edition (they look the same). Moving by Blood Frenzy betrays the immutable law that Terminators cannot have any extraneous movement mode, such as Infiltration or the ability to ride in vehicles.

So have no fear, those Autocannons can pump-rounds-every-round.

· Registered
205 Posts
TwoHats said:
So, they forego the chance to spill blood from afar, and drool on daydreams of skulls and all that.. :D

Not exactly. Terminators are immune to the effect of Blood Frenzy extra movement. If it's not in your codex, you probably have the old edition (they look the same). Moving by Blood Frenzy betrays the immutable law that Terminators cannot have any extraneous movement mode, such as Infiltration or the ability to ride in vehicles.

So have no fear, those Autocannons can pump-rounds-every-round.
They may not get the move bonus, but I'd think they would still be compelled to charge into CC. I've yet to see it be successfully argued or played another way.

As a die hard World Eaters man, I'd love to have someone convince me.

· Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
TwoHats said:
Moving by Blood Frenzy betrays the immutable law that Terminators cannot have any extraneous movement mode, such as Infiltration or the ability to ride in vehicles.
Cite me a reference for that. I promise you won't find one. There is no rule anywhere that says that Terminators can not have extra movements modes. The closest thing you'll find is the CSM FAQ that says models with Terminator Armour may not infiltrate, but that could simply be referencing the fact that it is not a valid item for purchase from the armoury - not some law laid down in the Codex.

And ride in vehicles? Like... Landraiders?

Blood Frenzy has a very specific list of models that don't test for the movement part. Terminators do not appear on that list, so they make the Blood Frenzy check just like normal models.

· Registered
85 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but dont you check for blood frenzied during your movement phase? back to the question,i dont have the frenzy rules in front of me but i presume that its a extra movment, and if you are in assult range you must assult according to the book of khorn, right?

Well assuming the above is correct, then you wouldint be able to shoot if your within 6 inches of a enemy model, aka assult range for cc junkies.

But this is all presuming i got the above right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.