Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, the cauldron can move.

It's a warmachine and thus moves as one. 5", no march moves and so on...

It's a very viable option sience it can give you the right type of support, at the right time, at the right unit!

I wouldn't say it's mandatoy, but it's Really good!
It's allmost worth taking just for those games when it's beeing charged by fast cav, skirmishers or the like... ^^
It's really good in CC (for a warmachine!) and pretty damn hard to kill with shooting!
You can allso make it a BSB if you like. Pretty nice, sience it's supposed to stay close to, but behind, your lines anyway!

I didn't like it at first, but then I decided to give it a go and now... well... I'm in love with it! :kissing:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Witches are down right mean with KB blessing, and they do a good job hiding behind crossbows for counter charges. So I would say if you take a cauldron, it is worth taking a medium sized unit of witches (10-15) as a counter charge unit. (or if you are playing against slow block armies, as a main attack unit for R&F)

That being said, one of the best targets for a cauldron blessing is interestingly enough, the war hydra. Since the hydra gets 7 attacks, and the handlers get 3 attacks each, that is 13 KB attacks.

I don't recommend executioners unless you are trying to stay to theme. They just don't have much going for them, and can really only do well when you sink a ton of points into them, or treat them as a cheap throw away flanker. (at 12 points a model, they are bit expensive per model for that...) MSU of 6, assuming you have the FOC spots, is how I would run them. Sure they won't do much, but 6 is a good width for a flanking unit, and you aren't wasting any points on extra ranks that you don't need. Sure if you lose 2 models, they can't deny rank bonus, but in a cauldron list, assuming you kept the unit close, as long as 1 model is still alive, they can hold up a huge block of guys until your next turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts