Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading into Eldar tactics on various sites. One interesting thing was that someone wrote that you can join warlocks into aspect squads. I have been through the codex and found nothing allowing that...from what i can see anyway.

Well can you have warlocks join aspect squads from the farseer body guard?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that, but arnt warlocks aspect warriors who left the path of the warrior and have began to travel the path of the seer?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Apart from being a bodyguard for the Farseer, Warlocks can only be given to Guardian or Wraithguard squads.

One interesting thing was that someone wrote that you can join warlocks into aspect squads.
Are you sure they didnt mean Pheonix Lords? Because I might have been reading something similar to what you were about combinations of Eldar characters and squads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess that would be senseible in the fact that if every as[ect squad had a warlock they could be enhanced tremendously.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by NearSeer@Sep 18 2003, 09:59
NO WAY !!!!!

:0
That would be considered spam nearseer, if there is such a thing as a regulator on this site...
Try to keep your posts informative rather then sarcastic.

They need a mod for this forum.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, Warlocks can't join Aspect squads.
And No Warlocks arn't former aspect warriors. They are Warrior Seers, a path in its own right. The nature of the Eldar path means that former paths have little impact on current role. They may or may not be former aspect warriors but they retain no link to former aspects.
Storm squads are made up of former aspect warriors because it gives them the experience of close combat but retain none of their former abilities.

I think I know where the idea of putting Warlocks with aspect warriors came from though; Spiritseers. Acording to the origional Iyaden craftworld list, Spiritseers, effectivly the same as Warlocks, were Independant Characters. This was to allow them to help "supervise" multipul wraithguard units at once. However people quickly realised they could have Spiritseers join aspect squads to get Enhanced Banshees. GW put a stop to that quite quickly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by Moncs@Sep 19 2003, 00:58
Hey Thrawn you're not named after a cartain Grand Admiral are you?
In a word - yes.

Your the first person to reconize this in 5 different forums and in over 2500 posts.

I congratulate you.

Warlocks, unlease under special cirumstances have never travelled the path of the Warrior. The only reason they join warrior squads is because it allows easier communication between the Farseer and each indivudaul squad. And the obvious game play reason that a Warlock can boost the strength and speed of a squad. This is represented by Conceal and Enhance.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.