Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a basic rule question, which keeps confusing me.

When a SoB unit is pinned, and at the start of the movement phase you use faith to make them fearless.

Is it legal to cancel the pinned status, and precisely what are the rules involved?

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
I think thats ok, since they do become fearless. There is nothing written rules wise that i know of that can prevent that from happening. I think this is answered in the gamesworkshop faqs site anyway.

·
907 Posts
this does work on models that are pinned as they become fearless

however it doesn't work against models that are entangled, even though this is treated as them being pinned for that turn.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Many players will let you get away with "Un-Pinning" when you become Fearless.
I personally don't agree with it.

I believe if you are already Pinned, and you become Fearless, you are then Fearless and Pinned. I say this because how the rules are written. It does not say that Fearlessness and Pinned are mutually excluisive. So if someone takes you to task on that inference, you really have no text to support your arguement.

Fearless automaticly passes the Pin Check. That we know. I see nothing to suggest that becoming Fearless negates what happened in the previous Turn. It's simply not in the text.

Fearlessness does not protect from Entanglement. That's pretty much universally agreed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Personally i think its a question of order, if the pinning test is rolled for BEFORE you use your faith point to become fearless then you remain pinned. It can't be cancelled by becoming fearless AFTER the fact.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryiax said:
Personally i think its a question of order, if the pinning test is rolled for BEFORE you use your faith point to become fearless then you remain pinned. It can't be cancelled by becoming fearless AFTER the fact.
That's the way i see it. But i found many players using faith to cancel pinning and was wondering if i missed something.

I think it is clear now that no one has argument to defend the pinning removal by faith.
So I consider it illegal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts