Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
First Tiger
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again folks, I posted pictures of the Seraphim which accompany my Guardsmen a while ago and now I've returned to show you my completed Cannoness. I am very pleased with her. Converting her as I have was challenging enough to be rewarding without being too frustrating. Her weapons are fluffy but generic enough to be counts-as for most of the weapons she needs to equip. She is finished (lacquered and dull-coated) but I always incorporate advice and corrections into future models when I can. She took a lot of time so let me know what you think.

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Thats a good piece. Some great detail. I really like the clean appearance and the details inside the coat. One constructive observation is teh base. The prone figure is good but the flat space around looks too.....erm....flat. I should think some detail on there would really finish your pice off nicely.

·
141 Posts
I like the fact I can't tell where you've pinned the figure to make it float - it really does look like she's flying. Good work.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
What a beautiful mini! St. Celestine is one of my favourite models and I really like what you have done with the mini.
As for constructive criticism, I can only echo the previous statements about the base. The lines on her cloak could also use some cleaning up since they don't look as neat as they could be to me.

Love the combination of brass and white armour though. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Looks great! I love the cloak.

·
First Tiger
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments folks. I agree that the base is a little bland. When I was making it I became concerned that it would look to busy but now I can see it needs additional detail. The lines on the cloak could definitely use some cleaning up as well. My main complaint was with the armor color. I was originally shooting for wraithbone color but it came out pretty much white. This was my first time painting so light a color and I am going to have to drastically increase the contrast. I went to a lot of trouble to shade the armor but you can't tell at all. Live and learn I suppose. Thanks again for the comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.