Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys do yours?
I like a cannonness (never the cheaper one, just for the faith points alone)
Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St Aspira (so your save, and the invun one with an act of faith is 2+) and sometimes the mantle of ophelia (if the points are spare) and frag grenades(if using a flame pistols in seraphim squads, hey if you have odd points leftover, get krak/melta too)
I like to deep strike her with seraphim, and go stomp stuff, or in planetstrike as the attacker go bunker busting / charging.

How does everyone else equip theirs? (I know mine is expensive in points.) What do you use them for?

·
464 Posts
I have tried many different builds....The primer being: jump pack, cloak, book..I now take mantle of Ophelia because I have had her instant killed too many times....I like to giver her a blessed weapon and a bolt pistol. I tend to let my veteran sister serephim take the gaint chain sword. If I run two I will give one an inferno pistol.

For their points Cannonesses are great. They are not the end all unit and need support. Serephim do the job better that her retinue I think. One thing with running with serephim is that one needs to make sure she leaves the unit before the charge or the serephim will loose their hit and run ability.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cloak, inferno pistol, blessed weapon and the mantle. Often Ill get her in on the flank with some repentia (I know people dont like them), or even repentia and an eversor assasin for a truely formidable CC flank (usually playing S.m.). Its a beautiful site to see the main army obsessed with taking out exorcists and repressors with sobs in them, only to find that they get mashed by a buch of half naked chicks, a cloaked bird with a sword and an odd bloke in a mask (or combination there of!). The Anti tank capabilities of an inferno pistol are again very useful...

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I like her two ways:

Kitted out to fly out with Seraphim, and then assault something on her own. This one has, Jump Packs, BoSL, Blessed, Cloak and Mantle. She is expensive, but great for tying units up all on her own, while Seraphime pop tanks or take out other Infantry units.

The other way is with a unit of Celestines for protection, Here she is pretty plain; BoSL, Blessed Weapon.

Either one I'll give Litanies of Faith if I have spare points.:act-up:

·
Registered
593 Posts
It seems this question comes back up about every 4 months or so...

I will typically run the cheap jumpy cannoness:
Jump packs
Cloak
Blessed weapon
Book of St. Lucius (book of stubborness)
bolt pistol
Frags

she comes in at 122pts, and is all kinds of hopscotching across the table and hiding behind cover until she can tie it up with an IC or other unit mean.

if I've got 15pts to spare in a force, I'll bust for the Mantle to prevent insta-kill

I usually won't go for the inferno pistol though. She starts getting silly expensive with inferno and mantle.

I have been using St. Celestine lately though. she's actually pretty good in 5th ed. all by herself she's pretty good.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I usually run two, one for tank hunting and one for infantry killing.

Both of them have a book, jump pack, a cloak. The tank hunter has an Evicerator and Inferno Pistol, and the anti Infantry has a blessed weapon, bolt pistol, mantle and frags.

They both do their jobs pretty well for the most part. The anti infantry gets the mantle though because I'm tired of passing every single roll and then rolling a 1 on the powerfist. I have also thought about giving her an inferno pistol but that jacks her price a bit high.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
I used to play 2 different ones:
1)
MC Inferno Pistol
Blessed Weapon
Cloak of St. Aspira
Jump Pack
Litanies of Faith (If I have points to spare)

2)
Inferno Pistol
MC Eviscerator
Cloak of St. Aspira
Jump Pack
Mantle of Phelia
Litanies of Faith (If I have points to spare)

Sometimes I used to run 2 evis or a celestine together with a blessed weapon cannonness, depends on my mood, but usually the 2 above (or replace the blessed weapon one with Celestine just love her)

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I use my cannoness to supercharge her celestian retinue (to be fair I run pretty expensive VSS just because I can) - so she is mostly just eviscrator, cloak of st aspira, bolt pistol and BoSL.

Clocking in at a whopping 96 points she gets the job done and is dirt cheap.

·
Registered
268 Posts
In 1.5K I run two.

Canoness
-Blessed Weapon
-Mantle
-Cloak
-Book
-Frags
-Bolt Pistol
-Jump Pack

Canoness
-Bolter
-Bolt pistol
-Book

One goes by herself, being a general thorn in the side, while the other spends time with some Celestians in an Immolator.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my canoness:

-cloak of st. aspira
-book of st. lucius
-jump pack
-blessed weapon
-inferno pistol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts