Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Games Workshop being the greedy gits they are have removed all individual bits from the website. You can only get them now from boxes sets or conversion kits.

So forget about any unique conversion ideas you had in mind!

I’m a conversion fanatic and was planning on a fully converted Necron army but I guess that’s out the window now thanks to those tight fisted bas***** http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/necron/109720-my-necron-warrior-conversion.html

WE REALLY NEED TO ORGANISE SOME SORT OF LARGE SCALE MESSAGE TO GAMES WORKSHOP TO TELL THEM TO STOP KILLING THE HOBBY FOR US VETS!!

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Old news is old. But yeah, this does suck.

Battlewagon Bits/The Warstore are still open (despite GW's efforts). Hopefully they will expand their services.

And conversion packs will hopefully alleviate this in time, but it seems likely from what I've heard that they will only cover commonly used items (Dragon Wings, for example, for your standard-issue Daemon Princes).

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Old news is old.
See this topic:

http://www.librarium-online.com/for.../112609-no-components-gw-uk-online-store.html'

Also, read these quotes that I have taken from members on the Space Wolf Community-forum that called to GW and asked about this.

Paladin7221 said:
Please note that this applies to all systems - 40k, WHFB and all Spec. Games.

Just done a bitz order at my local GW, some of which I could get, some not. This is the official line from the M/O Troll on the phone:

GW is discontinuing it's Bitz avaliability for individual pieces as they had a warehouse of approx £250,000 of metal pieces that hardly anyone bought.
The current parts are still avaliable but only until the stock is gone, they will not be produced again.

From now on, the most commonly ordered parts will be avaliable as Bitz Packs, listed on the Online Store as Brother Lysander noted.
E.G the Deathwatch pack has 10 DW pads, 10 DW bolters and 10 DW heads (5 each of bare head and MK7 helmet) for £15

If you want anything else, you'll have to buy the complete kit and cannabalise it. Eg: you want the 'walking legs' and the multi-melta from Karamazov's Throne of Judgement? - buy the Box. Terradon wings? - Buy the box.

This policy is effective immediate.
eiglepulper said:
After seeing this thread at the week-end, I rang GW yesterday to see if indeed I would be able to acquire a few Harlequin Jetbike canopies, a set of the Asdrubael Vect slaves and some Emperor's Children shoulder pads. I was successful on all items, although there were only 5 canopies left! Thankfully I only required three....

The line given again was one of reorganising the bits supply. The example I was given was: Customer wishes to make up a unit of Deathwatch. For that, he requires the pads, guns and the special heads sprues. Each of these has a separate code and is in a separate section. Therefore it takes more time to order, pick, package and post that one requirement. The intention will be to bung all the required items for a single unit into a bag, give the bag a code number and thus it will be almost like a Grab Bag. Easier to pick and pack.

The problem is: what happens if you only want *one* of something and it comes in a bag of 10??

I waas told that they have about 17,000 lines just sitting doing very little in the way of sales. If the same theory of "dead stock" is applied to say Tesco's then the offending dead stock disappears and is never re-ordered. Dead stock is as bad as empty shelves - neither make money. Having worked in Retail, I can understand why GW would want to curtail the amount of items which maybe sell a couple of pieces once in a while. For the bog standard gamer who doesn't necessarily wish to do a huge amount of converting, the lack of accessibility to parts is not going to be that disturbing. To others who wish to make specific purchases in order to carry out conversions, this GW reorganisation is devastating.

I wonder just *how* serious their cash flow problem is?

E.
Seems like a very reasonable bussiness desicsion to me.

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
While this sucks for those of us who actually ordered from time to time, it does make a ton of sense for GW, believe it or not, for the reasons above. Am I sad about it? Yes. But I'll figure out ways around it. There are a few websites and such around like Battlewagon, and hopefully they'll weather the storms (as always) and be around for our needs.

Tekore

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Logic

Yeah I suppose its logical given the financial turmoil that their in, rumored to be because of the 7 year Lord Of The Rings contract which was popular during the films but now GW are forced to create miniatures hardly anyone buys.

Overall I guess I’m angry because I’ve now been forced into ordering all the components I need for my army which I’m sure will come up to a huge amount when I place the order this week!

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Yes.

You get your friendly neighbourhood moderator to do it for you.

How do you do this, I hear you ask?

You simply click the 'report post' button, down underneath the users avatar etc, which will let the mod team know about whatever it is you are reporting. Then simply tell us what you think is wrong/needs changing, and we'll get on it.

-t.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Companies usualy try to hide the fact that they want to rip you off of all your money, but in GW its not the case. It is so completely obvious now that they will do absolutely anything to force people to buy more than they really need, so now they even removed the bits catalogue.

And also did you notice how apocalypse boxes are always sold as about 3/4 of the actual formation (i.e 2 vidicators instead of 3, 2 monoliths instead of 3), forcing you to buy 2 boxes so you end up with more things than you needed.

Right now it is so completely obvious that they just want to rip people off, that I simply stopped buying from GW period. Bits are sold on battlewagon, and ebay is an amazing tool. There is rumors being circulated around that ebay is a rip off, its not reliable and ect. And all of these rumors are completely BS and are spead by people that never used it to begin with, because ebay is a great tool, its relible, its safe and its non problematic.

·
319 Posts
This is ridiculous. I am trying to build an ork army following the NEW codex. How can I build Snikrot? What about that Deffkopta with kustom mega blasta or rokkit launcha? There is no way to get the needed parts..Deff dread with multiple close combat weapons? What am I supposed to do, buy multiple kans or dreads?

I am quickly losing interest in the hobby because of this. If they want to dumb down the conversion options, they should also dumb down the unit options.

It is unfortunate that I have spent the last 8 years spending my money and time on this hobby.

I guess that all Sonic weapon Chaos army on my shelf will never be completed unless I buy 40 boxes of emperor's children. (which I won't be doing, sorry GW).

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
And also did you notice how apocalypse boxes are always sold as about 3/4 of the actual formation (i.e 2 vidicators instead of 3, 2 monoliths instead of 3), forcing you to buy 2 boxes so you end up with more things than you needed.
2 Vindicators?

It looks like 3 if you ask me... :?

I think the boxes have the correct amount of models in them.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
It is annoying, and I am P'ed off about it as anyone but I dont think anyone can criticise GW for making this step- if i ran a business id be constantly looking for ways to save money and streamline my operation which is all their are doing, you cant have significant amounts of stock lying round in a warehouse that you are never going to sell.

At the end of the day the great strength of this hobby, as can be seen by the very existiance of vibrant online communities like LO, is its hobby community, gamers will just have to start sharing the contents of their bitz boxes with their fellow hobbyists.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I understand everyone is upset about this but it is nothing new. There are those of us still around from the early 90's who had to weather GW redoing the entire model line to remove lead from their models. You could get nothing for months and months. I remember when a conversion involved buying a minature you would never need just to get that specific shield or sword. It is the proverbial 'bits-box' (said with an Al Gore accent)

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much notice did they give? Because i needed 20 tomb spyder heads for my necron army but all the stock was gone last week. So my converted necron army that i was looking so foward to building is now be scrapped!!!

Unless of course they bring out a plastic tomb spyder when the necrons are re-released and then i can get them from battlewagon bits!

·
663 Posts
Aubec may have the answer here. I pisses me of as well that their are fewer bitz around but GW is redoing alot of there minatures. From my memory their are so many extra bitz in the boxes then there were before. The lack of Bitz and not being able to just buy sprues may simply be that they are still building other things. It may take them some time to build up a stock of bitz.

But it is a d**k move to vetrian gamers

On a side note, Apocalypse boxe sets have to be the best deal that GW has had that i remember. And the Monolith is the only set that i can think of that has only 2 of the needed 3. .

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Argh!!

Arrggh!!! If Games Workshop Had Given Enough Notice Rather Than Cutting The Lines Of Suddenly I'd Would Have Ordered All The Metal Components I Needed For Future Armies Before Hand.

I Agree This Is Poor Customer Relations, I Mean How Do You Expect People To Fully Customise Their Models Now!?! (for Example Rokkit Launchers On Ork Buggies)

Too Bad There Is No Way To Directly Put A Complaint Forward To Games Workshop Or White Dwarf?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi all... it is pretty annoying as i had an ork army that would potentially be 80% coming along but i did however, after a minute of searching found a Uk store that i think hasnt been mentioned yet :BitzBox - Warhammer and 40k Plastic Bits becuase

I had a look at battlwagon bits and warforge, but unfortunatly are USA sites... so all you Uk people out there, heres a great site :)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

-Doug

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
It is annoying, and I am P'ed off about it as anyone but I dont think anyone can criticise GW for making this step- if i ran a business id be constantly looking for ways to save money and streamline my operation which is all their are doing, you cant have significant amounts of stock lying round in a warehouse that you are never going to sell.

At the end of the day the great strength of this hobby, as can be seen by the very existiance of vibrant online communities like LO, is its hobby community, gamers will just have to start sharing the contents of their bitz boxes with their fellow hobbyists.
So by share you mean sell and trade because I cant remember if there was ever a person in any of my local GWs that was simply willing to share his or her bits no matter how frienly we were, and now I am even more sure that it wont happen.

And regarding the business running, its not like we are pissed off about the whole bits thing being gone. No, instead we are mad bacause GW gave absolutely no warning before they did it. So people that were going to buy a bunch of bits that day like me, had to find out that I missed my last chance to buy bits by a mere few hours. All my plans were thwarted by a mere day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.