Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought at least once while i was here in the Lo i would start a straight no bullshit conversation,(Take advantage of this situation it may never come again) so yay or nay, are you for or against the death penalty, and capital punishment?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Why have you posted this topic in the conversion board? Shouldn't it be in the Non Gaming Discussions board?

For the record yes I am for capital punishment and the death penalty (but not the one you are thinking of)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it should be fine here, it is a conversation,

what type of capital punishment were you thinking of?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think they should beat the holy living ***** outta someone after they do something, maybe eye for an eye would work, i definately agree, if they kill 20 ppl, drown him and revive him 20 times, then impale him on a fence....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here is my views *Warning Twisted Thinking Ahead*

If anyone is convicted of a serious crime (or suspected) they automatically forfeit their human rights, meaning they can now be used as test subjects for medical research (cosmetics new drugs etc). If they are sentenced to death, their body could be recycled (extracting the water, protiens calcium etc) for other uses.

The only problem is we as a race are too soft on criminals.

·
Registered
664 Posts
yes, that is very true, if they kill someone on almost any case (albeit crime of passion (I would kill my wife if i caught her cheating)or accidents etc.) they should forfeit their human rights, that is a good idea in all actuality, they could advance the human race.

·
Registered
342 Posts
it would get the animal rights people of the scientists' back and also create more accurate results plus freeing up the prisons so the tax payer benifits. it would also act as a good deterent.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I dispise politics, can't stand them. Waste of time in my view.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Haha! Totally agree. They are just a bunch of ppl whining cuz they can't have it their way.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's like watching toddlers arguing over the big red phone in the corner. it just wastes time which could be used to do other more constructive things. Guy Fawkes had the right idea, but the wrong reasons. :lol:

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by RiptorAmashi@Sep 22 2003, 22:54
it should be fine here, it is a conversation,

what type of capital punishment were you thinking of?
Maybe so, but its not about your most recent Space Marine conversion is it?

Moving to NGD

On the subject though, no, Im not really for it. I believe that one would gain more punishment in been locked up, with minimal entertainment, as unless one values life then death would be too quick and easy.
but these days criminals get to watch TV and play pool and all sorts, which doesn’t really make some learn the lesson.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm all for it. I think they should actually be killing MORE people. Criminals who commit rape, murder, aggravated assault, and if they have more then 3 convictions in anything should be put to death.

I guarantee, with this philosophy, crime would drop in no time. :D

Oh yeah, and temporary insanity should be punishable by death too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't believe the temporary insanity = death thing, insane people could just be used as test dummies (as they can't help being insane) or i suppose if they committed a crime they should be recycled. (much better than the electric chair etc.)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
In my oppinion capital punishment should be delivered in conjunction with the crime that has been committed.

To execute a person is in theory as bad as killing a random person on the street.
Although under the right circumstances I think that for the person who's committed the crime there's nothing better than to execute them.
Example from norway...
Two guys kill and rape two girls at age 6 and 8 years.
Both the guys get 21 years for the crime...
One of the guys, the proclaimed brain behind the crime smiles and laughs in the courtroom.
The murders are in my oppinion such a bestial act towards humanity that at least this person would deserve a breathing hole in the forehead.
You other norwegian out there will know of this case as the "Baneheia drapene".

So in short...
Under the right circumstances... shoot, hang, fry, torture, decapitate or stone the bloody bastards!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DO you know that they get, three meals, Tv with cable, air coditioning, work out room, tech room, internet Conjical visits (Damn them!), and to top it off they could get a college eduacation while in prison, and guess who's payin for it? Us!

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by RiptorAmashi@Sep 23 2003, 11:36
DO you know that they get, three meals, Tv with cable, air coditioning, work out room, tech room, internet Conjical visits (Damn them!), and to top it off they could get a college eduacation while in prison, and guess who's payin for it? Us!
Most of which I think many are intitled too.
By right you should be allowed 3 meals a day, the ability to entertain oneself.

At the minute we're just talking about Murderers and rapists, which is all good, as its the topic. But you have to remember that alot of the people in prison, aren't all murderers and the like. Thives, thugs, maybe people who only got into crime because it was a last resort, bad upbringing ect Whos to say they dont deserve the chance to learn something so that when their time is up, they can go out and get a life which will mean staying out of crime.

But murdering somebody, taking ones life, is a completely different level, and one who does this in cold blood, in my eyes, should not derserve more than the very basics.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i dont believe in the capitol punishment.
my views arew more religous tho so not everyone will agree wiht me.

God created us, and he can take us away. He is the onyl one who has the right to take life away. when someone murders someone then they should be punsihed for breaking this, but they shouldnt be kiled because we dont have the right to take that life away. we should leave that up to him.

please dont flame me for me beliefs.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
When it comes down to it, if someone raped my wife / child. or murdered them then they deserve to die and I deserve to pull the switch

1 - 20 of 286 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.