Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have finally decided to make a thread in which I can put all of my models, rather than have then scattered across the different forums. For a while now, I have been collecting Space Marines. Origionally, they were the Shadows of Death, with a rubbish symbol (badly stylised "S"), and now they are the Black Phoenixes, with a better symbol, which you can see here:

Or something like that. I tend to use a Blood Angels transfer and add paint. The results of which you can see here (again):

Anyway, I seem to be rambling, so here is a group shot of my army. I put the paper down so that it was within the realms of possibility to see the actual models. For a very large version, click here (please note that this is a very large image. About 242KB .

See if you can spot all of the HQs. And the vehicle with lights.
So, with this thread, I shall be logging my additions to this force. And I might as well start now.
This is my latest addition to my army: a five-man combat squad.
So here it is:

And a side view of the sergeant, showing that he actually has Terminator Honours, unlike my other sergeants, who think that painting their helmets white will let them get away with bossing everyone else around. that problem may be resolved in the near future. Or the far future. Or, for confusions sake, the past.

Before anyone asks how I did the blue effect on the power fist (and because they probably won't, as you can't really see it in this photo, but trust me, it is there), I used a basecoat of Boltgun Metal, then used lots of layers of Asurmen Blue, one of the new washes, and highlighted with Boltgun Metal.
Now that I am typing this, I realise that I forgot to drybrush the black armour, as I normally do, as I hate the wire-frame look of husing extreme highlighting.
I will post individual pictures of each HQ, but only when they have been guessed. I wouldn't want to give the game away now, would I?
More updates when I update my army, or have any more models that I have taken pictures of. Hope you like my army.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
I quite like this - my only criticisms are I think your models would look even better if you neatened up the paint job slightly - i.e. the eye of the space marine with the boltgun thats about the only place I reckon the painting isnt neat enough

and also give he boltguns a wash of black or a dark colour to make them look more defined + highlight your bases and make them look better with a quick drybrush with a lighter colour or alternatively start darker or give them a wash

other than that I reckon they are sweet

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did give the bolters a wash of black not-quite-ink-but-close-enough, but I have just gone over the lines again with my watered down black, and that does help to define them a bit more. These are only tabletop quality, and it's unliklely that an opponent will notice an eye that is not quite neat enough, especially from where the majority of my models end up during a battle: under more models in a casualty pile. Very quickly. But even so I have fixed it.
On a nearly different subject, no-one has spotted my HQs! So I'll take some pictures and post them up in a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right then. Haven't been here for a while, partly because I was at a workshop at school, and partly because I was busy finishing these guys. So roll out the Terminators!

The sergeant:

The halo thing on top is actually my first ever attempt at non-metallic metal. I think that it worked rather well.

And the rest:

The chest eagles on these ones show my first attempts at silver NMM, which I think worked rather well too.
And the last Terminator:

Nothing special about this guy.
Hope you like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts